Thread: A couple of useless tips - Glue Brush Stand - Spaceball Substitute

Reno NV

A couple of useless tips - Glue Brush Stand - Spaceball Substitute

So, Heres a couple of 'tips' I've come up with.

I like to use these little glue brushes and cups for putting glue on things, but always have problems with the cup tipping over, where to put the brush, blah blah blah.

A couple of minutes with some scrap wood a drill bit and a screw and this works just fine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-12-24 11.18.17.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	88081

Also, I didn't have any space balls to use on my cabinet doors, and couldn't see buying them just for this project, so looked about for a substitue. I use some of that foam drawer liner for a pad to use when I'm sanding things, so I cut up a little bit of that and there you go, some compressible little foam whatsits I used to keep the panels centered in the frame.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-12-24 11.19.02.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	88087
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    I use those acid brushes a lot, as well as artists brushes for detail work.... gonna have to borrow that one for sure...Thanks
    The perception of perfection is perfectly clear to everyone else

Kansas City, Missouri
    Nice, I've got a little stand for my stained glass stuff that has a "Z" shaped bracket with a 3/32" slot about 1/2" deep in the top end. You smash the brush handle near the end with a hammer or crimp it flat with pliers, leaving a bulge at the end still, and it slips into that slot to drip off flux back into the jar.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

I've never used space balls or anything similar on my raised panel doors. I just center the panel and use 2two 23 ga. pin nails in the center of the panel. One at the top and one at the bottom.

A little hint for the acid brush as a glue brush is to cut about a third of the length of the bristols off. This makes it much easier to spread the glue and to make it easier to cut wrap a piece of tape around the bristles on the end to keep them grouped together while cutting.

This is what makes this a great forum. Every little hint makes life greater.
    Neat ideas.

Cape Cod, Ma.
    what Dave said!
    He who laughs last, thinks slowest

Cape Cod, Ma.
    on your next "resupply" you might consider these. A huge and I mean huge plus is they don't go haring off in every direction when you knock the can over.. (don't ask me how I know this.....)
    At the time I purchased my last batch they were also less expensive buying them by the thousand.
    He who laughs last, thinks slowest

Escondido, CA
    I have also use a short lengths of window screen spline material.

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed