Thread: Hurts so good

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan

Hurts so good

A week ago I weighed 235 lbs, down from 310 a year ago...one week of the wife making cookies, cakes and pies {she gifts a lot of them to the neighbors} and me happily volunteering as taste tester, and I'm back at 237, with another week or so to go...I need to look up my old buddy Will Power...gonna need him quickly
    The perception of perfection is perfectly clear to everyone else

Send him my way too. He's been scarce in these parts. Must be the weather (cookies/brittle). It's actually not that bad if you follow tradition and set your scales back ten pounds.
    Last edited by Ted Calver; 12-25-2014 at 12:01 AM.

I've got this problem I've lost 29 lbs back down 1 pound under my high-school graduation weight of 175 lbs. @ 5'9".

Want to know how? Don't eat so much. Really I cut my intake to just a little more than half what I ate before forced retirement. Saves on the grocery budget too. I feel real good to.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Well done! I'll be looking for Mr. Will (power) after the first of the year

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

I quit smoking 7 months ago so I could breath better and live longer.
    I've put on 30 pounds and will probably have a heart attack instead
    For the past 14 days I've been on a strict diet. I've gained 3 pounds
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gibson View Post
    I quit smoking 7 months ago so I could breath better and live longer.
    I've put on 30 pounds and will probably have a heart attack instead
    For the past 14 days I've been on a strict diet. I've gained 3 pounds
    Now that's sad!

On the other hand you better stay on your die et so you don't die from what you et.

I'll tell Will to send you some extra Power.

Enjoy,
    JimB
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

Hurts so good

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cook View Post
    A week ago I weighed 235 lbs, down from 310 a year ago...one week of the wife making cookies, cakes and pies {she gifts a lot of them to the neighbors} and me happily volunteering as taste tester, and I'm back at 237, with another week or so to go...I need to look up my old buddy Will Power...gonna need him quickly
    My brother has a good saying: "You know what you gotta do". And you've already come so far, I know you won't be off the wagon long.

My wife and I have been on a kind of "Daniel diet" (95% veggies/beans/fruit/no white four) and I feel better physically and mentally. Funny thing is, my cravings for sweets are about gone, and my desire for meat has diminished entirely.

Our plan is indulge a little just over Christmas and throw everything out Dec 31 so we can get a fresh start Jan 1.

Congrats on a great achievement and continued success. Remember dieting is all in your head, not your stomach!

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Engel View Post

Congrats on a great achievement and continued success. Remember dieting is all in your head, not your stomach!
    Thanks Robert {and everyone else} Definitely in the head! I'm doing as Bart, as in portion control. I eat whatever I like, just way less than I use to. I've tried diets of all kinds over the years and this is one I hope to stick with forever.

Bob, I hear you, when I quit I gained 10 pounds in the 3 months I made it...Yeah I fell off that wagon again [sigh} it is so tough to give up what you like, but I'm not giving up on quiting, if I can do this weight loss stuff, I know I just need old Will stick around longer...how's that saying go, 'don't quit quiting!'

Back to the weight loss, I have to say that I love Ted's tradition

Hope you all get your belly full of whatever makes you happy during this holiday and forever forward! Merry Christmas..............
    The perception of perfection is perfectly clear to everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cook View Post
    ... I need to look up my old buddy Will Power...gonna need him quickly
    No problem there! My problem is I have plenty of WILL Power. I need more WON'T power; i.e., I WON'T eat this...I WON'T eat that!!!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Calver View Post
    Send him my way too. He's been scarce in these parts. Must be the weather (cookies/brittle). It's actually not that bad if you follow tradition and set your scales back ten pounds.

It's a Christmas miracle I lost 20 pounds while sleeping last night

(If I had to get up in the middle of the night for a third time to use the john I would of lost 30 pounds )
    Faith, Hope & Charity