Was Santa Good to You?

Ted Calver

Staff member
Mrs Santa sure did fine by me....and I was naughty!

Lots of clamps, I Box, Hinge Maker and a set of bits. Dewalt quick clamps which I hope fit my Festool track

Mr Santa treated himself to some metal cutting tools. Amazon/Dewalt had a $25 off a $ hundred or more promotion going and I used it on a DEWALT DWM120K 10 Amp 5-Inch Deep Cut Portable Band Saw Kit

And SWAG had a sale on their Portaband tables. 15% off was too much to resist:
http://www.swagoffroad.com/SWAG-V30-...able_p_55.html

christmas 022.jpgchristmas 020.jpgchristmas 021.jpg

Mrs Santa sure did fine by me....and I was naughty!

Lots of clamps, I Box, Hinge Maker and a set of bits. Dewalt quick clamps which I hope fit my Festool track

Mr Santa treated himself to some metal cutting tools. Amazon/Dewalt had a $25 off a $ hundred or more promotion going and I used it on a DEWALT DWM120K 10 Amp 5-Inch Deep Cut Portable Band Saw Kit

And SWAG had a sale on their Portaband tables. 15% off was too much to resist:
http://www.swagoffroad.com/SWAG-V30-...able_p_55.html

View attachment 88111View attachment 88110View attachment 88112

Yer gona Love that I-Box Ted

Me I didn't even get a lump of coal this year. :(

To help with my breathing in the shop, my kids got together and got a Trend Airshield.. need to try it out tomorrow or next day.... also got an Easy Tool CI3 hollowing tool from my son. He had one and I admired it, so now I have one.

uploadfromtaptalk1419556791647.jpg
Besides a bunch of clamps, desktop sandblasting cabinet, portable sandblasting material carrier and a bunch of chocolate, i got a flexcut carving jack for Christmas. No complaints on my side just need more time to play.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

To help with my breathing in the shop, my kids got together and got a Trend Airshield.. need to try it out tomorrow or next day.... also got an Easy Tool CI3 hollowing tool from my son. He had one and I admired it, so now I have one.

You are going to enjoy both of those Chuck. I love my Trend. It's still going strong after nearly 8 years.

I dunno what it means, I got a bag full of junk food, either she's trying to kill me or tell me to enjoy...you're going on a diet (same difference). :doh:

View attachment 88119

Actually we bought a craft cutter that was a gift for both of us, does stencil and vinyl cutting...got some great ideas for it's use.

http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/shop/machines/cameo

Darren, That thing looks neat. Stencils/vinyl/leather? 12" x 10'. Sandblast resists come to mind. You'll have to let us know how you like it. Site says they sold out!

Last edited:
No woodworking toys this year, but Santa hooked me up with some new shirts and towels. More importantly to me, the gifts I gave were well appreciated. :thumb: We have a lot of new stuff coming our way as the result of buying the new house. Paint, carpet, a new kitchen (including new appliances) several new pieces of furniture, and a new TV have either happened already or will be happening in the next few weeks.

I got through all the services without falling on my face and only losing my voice several times. That's a win. I also got the mig welder, a cart for it and a snazzy red helmet. A few more goodies and then a lesson or two. There was also a bottle of wine, some fudge, a couple of gifts certificates and few dollars. More importantly it was the privilege of living in a place I love, having a job I love, and working with people who are the most loving and kind that I have ever met. It is also having this place and all you people to admire, to kid, to nag, to brag on. You know, family. :thumb: :D

Had a great Christmas with Dad and my brother and LOML's side of the troop. I mustv'e been better than I thought. Got the 'filler' pieces for my HSS Forstners and other goodies from my Lee Valley Wish List. The coasters, cutting boards, frames and so forth were well received by folks who will enjoy them so my glass is way-full.

Last edited:
Four more of the orange clamps (Gros-Stabil) found their way under the tree. I'm trying a set of 12" ones. Ask me in six months and we'll see if I like them or should have stuck with 24"-ers.
Also some much needed replacement safety glasses without scuffed and scratched lenses (I can see again!), some zem inserts to update my hearing protection, and I'm trying out one of those fastcap long-nose markers.

But even better is large amounts of shop time over the holidays! :thumb:

These are the times that I absolutely love working at a university, and have deep deep compassion (Hi, Stu!) for those working retail.

I had my kids and their partners, except for the one in Alberta, home for Christmas morning. Gave my wife a beautiful velour housecoat, which she just loves. I got nothing woodwork related, but I did receive an Android tablet and a nice pair of paddles for my canoe.