Quick Question on Blade ange

I let my nebor use it an he messed it up the blade he took a file to it an most of the blade is 20 degree an rest all over the place , so no one gets to use my hand planes anymore so I will do primary at 25 an set micro at 30

I let my nebor use it an he messed it up the blade he took a file to it an most of the blade is 20 degree an rest all over the place , so no one gets to use my hand planes anymore so I will do primary at 25 an set micro at 30

NOBODY(!) gets to mess with my planes!

Your 25° main/30° micro-bevel ought to do you just fine.

I have always wondered how well those planes work. If ....they so great how come they have never been reproduced by say LV on LN? Does the spokeshave do them out of a job? Would have thought a shave would not take a uniform parallel wide shaving like a plane blade would do but how does one get purchase on those planes to cut end grain ?:dunno:

I have always wondered how well those planes work. If ....they so great how come they have never been reproduced by say LV on LN? Does the spokeshave do them out of a job? Would have thought a shave would not take a uniform parallel wide shaving like a plane blade would do but how does one get purchase on those planes to cut end grain ?:dunno:

LV is making one an you can buy new ones from several places , Kunz makes them an there is a few others out there to also Wood River is in the process of making one to add to there like of planes

Hey Roy thanks for the info , looked it up just for fun and see it here

http://www.fine-tools.com/G301619.htm

pretty steep price Euro 259 thats around $313 in the range of a premium plane.

See ebay has a whole bunch of old stanleys for way better pricing

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...dblasting+cabinet&_nkw=compass+plane&_sacat=0

I don't buy from Ebay an this one was given to me by my granddad an his dad gave it to him an I will pass it down to one of my son in laws or grandson. I have 2 others in a box in the loft I bought overseas but haven't got the boxes down yet