wood spirit

Thats it, I aint going to show one of my wood carvings after seeing these two wood spirits.

Way to go Dale you in a league of your own. Not only is the carving cool but setting it in a piece of rough wood. What is the wood that you have used there?

Sheesh i got lots to learn. Inspirational for sure.:thumb::score::clap:

Rob, don't be discouraged. Check out Mark Gargnac on the web. http://www.gargacsoriginals.com
We all start out wanting to carve, then we learn how. I found Mark the closest to how I wanted to carve. I am not an artist and in no way could draw a face if I tried. The wood is cottowood bark, you can find a ton of it on ebay. I love working with it for the type of carvings I like to do.

Those are fantastic Dale.

You do a really good job of capturing character in their faces and also the way you both use the existing wood shapes and transition in/out of the carving is quite nicely done.

Thank you Scott. Truth be known, I would rather build Sculpted Rocking Chairs. That is my true passion! Like this one made of Cherry:IMG_5216.jpgIMG_20141126_132459_912.jpg

Last edited:
Nice carvings and even nicer rocker, on the joking side I wonder how those wood spirits reproduce so easyly, I still have to see a female wood spirit, LOL.

Thank you Dave. Leo, I am currently working on 7 and 8 simultaneously. One adult and one child. They are a pair called, "One Heart Two Souls" They are for my wife and granddaughter. They are being built from the same tree and each part from the same board (to the best of my ability). Hopefully, they will be done by the end of January! The idea is that one day our granddaughter will be bequeathed my wife's chair and then she can bequeth hers to her own daughter, and so on and so on

Last edited: