Better Laundry Baskets?

Art Mulder

Seriously... does anyone out there make a GOOD laundry basket? All we see around here are Rubbermaid and Sterilite. Rubbermaid are the "best", and they're a great shape and size, but the handles are a real weak point. They don't last much beyond 1-2 years without cracking there.

Here is a 15 minute job to replace the handles with some 1-1/4" dowel. We'll see how long this lasts.

IMG_4344.jpgIMG_4345.jpgIMG_4346.jpgIMG_4347.jpg

Well Art again i thought our house was the only one with these issues.

We searchiing for a new laundry basket or very similar reasons.

Found one at TSC store the other day but it needed a body builder to lift it. Suffice to say it was not intended for laundry. :rofl: But it looked stout though. Was a lamb feeding container. :doh:

I guess the trick is to buy the one you got and upfront reinforce the handles as prevention out the box. Thanks for the tip.

We have three bags that are on folding X shaped stands - I can't find the exact ones we have online.. But basically its a bag with loops at the corners that hook onto the corners of the stands. A lot of the ones I see the bag is sewn onto the stand which means you can't just take it off easily to wash so I think the ones we have are probably a superior design in that regard (in theory if the loops were poorly sewn they might be more likely to fail there). So far they've held together quite well for over 12 years and the only damage was when the dog was a puppy and chewed on the dowels that held the flap lids in place.

I have a 20+ year old Sterlite that I don't think will ever break. Perhaps it's a case of "they don't make them like they used to". Either that, or Brent and I are so skinny that our clothes don't weigh that much :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I also love having a three bag hamper in the laundry room for sorting by color/water temp. It is from Costco and the bags are held by removable hanging rods so you can wash the bags if you need to (mine doesn't have the folding table top). What is perfect is the size of the bags hold exactly enough clothes for a full wash. When a bag is full I wash.

Laundry Hamper.jpg

Yup thats what my 20 year old son thinks too. ;)

Sharon cool baskets I tool will check our costco out for those. :thumb: Sometimes good products do come along.

Mine was randomly found at the store...now I think you would need to order on-line, but highly recommended

Heh, we have three bags: Whites, Not Whites and "Not For Ryan To Wash".

Glenn and Ryan - Brent even put a label so he would know: Whites, Darks and Cold Only (that's the "Not For Ryan To Wash") :rofl: