Santa worked overtime! Picture!

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
A plasma cutter followed me home today. You will have to wait until the rain quits to see a picture. A few more odds and ends and nothing will be safe around here!

Welder 1JPG.JPG

Welder and plasma cutter on HF cart. Can't wait for the first class!

Last edited:
Carol you not only amaze me but inspire me at the same time. Color me green in fact purple with envy. You now rigged for welding and cutting. I would go for more than just the beanie at this stage, how about leather welding apron and jacket. Only thing stopping me following in your footsteps is power. :) Way to go looking forward to seeing what you going to cut when you get it running.

From the compressor thread , i hope this aint a vortex like the spinny world where one buys a lathe then finds out the additional accessories required are multiple times what the lathe cost. LOL

Thanks, Rob. I have the leather apron and gloves. I will need the jacket. And a few other things. And I know what you mean with the air compressor. The thing with that though is it isn't just for welding and cutting. My little old compressor is pretty tired and no longer up to the task. I will find it a new home.

As for what I plan to build; I bought the p f engineering plans for a micro hoe and front end loader for my tractor I got last spring. Lots of digging and trenching needed for the house build. Transferring the plans in SketchUp now which results in 'building it 'virtually'. Very much worth the time as it clearly demonstrates what to do and in what order to do it. Deadline is by Easter. Then go play in the dirt. LOL!

Congrats! I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but I'll bet you're the only female minister/woodworker/teacher on your block who owns a plasma cutter. :D

So by this are you also saying everything with the piece of dirt is G for GO. I must have missed that news, i thought we were still waiting for the engineering permitting approvals.

As a matter of interest are you going to have a basement. Linda and i have been discussing our next homestead and trying to decide on the basement issue. We dont plan on moving again and i dont want to have to climb stairs again so basement equals stairs to me. BUt i have been concerned about climate here and not having a basement. Makes for bringing in the nat gas and water at a level where freezing is preventable. You dont have that issue in your neck of the woods. Reason i ask is we did not have basements in SA but still had concrete footing slab in foundation trench and then special facebrick that was baked super hard for retaining wall to slab.

Wondering how you going to be doing it in your neck of the woods.

BTW are you planning to build the whole house or is this digging you going to be doing just for the peripheral items like landscaping etc. Would have thought specifically in your neck of the woods outsourcing elements could be done very cost effectively given supply of labor in the greater area. ?

@Vaughn: Slam dunk! :rofl:

@Rob: No, still hung up on the permitting process, but that doesn't mean I can't plan ahead!

BTW, also have to drop a new engine in the tractor. THAT ought to be interesting.

My motto: If somebody can do it, there is no reason I can't.

@Vaughn: Slam dunk! :rofl:

@Rob: No, still hung up on the permitting process, but that doesn't mean I can't plan ahead!

BTW, also have to drop a new engine in the tractor. THAT ought to be interesting.

My motto: If somebody can do it, there is no reason I can't.
Here's a new motto for you, Carol.

How hard can it be? Guys do it everyday!

I can't take credit for it. A lady woodworker on another woodworking site I visit uses it as her signature line.

"How hard can it be? Guys do it everyday!"

Mack, I think that is a tad demeaning to guys. And I like guys! So if guys have to try a little harder to keep up, well, that's just the way it is. :rofl: