Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ned Bulken, where are you?

Brooklin ON -- 45 mins. NE of Toronto, ON

Ned Bulken, where are you?

Anybody hear from Ned? Haven't had an update to his Kickstarter since Dec. 14.

I recall seeing a post regarding his parent/parents not being well!
    Mack C. in Brooklin ON
    It feels great to sell a pen,
    It feels even greater to give one to a friend!

If your presence doesn't make an impact;
    Your absence won't make a difference!

I am a proud supporter of
    "Pens for Canadian Peacekeepers"!

Last posted in off topic on 12-30 so I reckon Ned's still alive, or some alien presence has infested his husk and is posting posts that read remarkably like something Ned would post.

Although I also admit to some curiosity as to the current state of the Kickstarter project. How is the drum sander working out, what purty pieces of pecan is in progress (and other woods, probably mostly other woods - what rhymes with purty other than pecan?), when can his remarkably generous supports expect to see a board show up? All valid and interesting questions

he last posted on jan 27th, but he should post a bit more often, as the natives are getting restless....
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

Ned is indeed alive and well. I have been in contact with him recently and between the new job and trying to turn out an insane number of cutting board to fulfill his obligations to backers he is a very busy man. He did tell me he was finally able to hire an electrician to bring power out to his shop so he can get that new drum sander humming. I have let him know of your concern and he sends his best and hopes to rejoin us as soon as things calm down.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    Ned is indeed alive and well. I have been in contact with him recently and between the new job and trying to turn out an insane number of cutting board to fulfill his obligations to backers he is a very busy man. He did tell me he was finally able to hire an electrician to bring power out to his shop so he can get that new drum sander humming. I have let him know of your concern and he sends his best and hopes to rejoin us as soon as things calm down.
    ...and I figured he was just hibernating like the rest of us trying to survive a nasty winter! Thanks for the update.
    Got Wood?

Good to know, glad to hear that the electrical problems seems to be mostly getting worked out.

Ned posted the following about 2 weeks ago on his Kickstarter page. He is one very busy fellow.

Hi folks.. Fear not I'm alive & well. I am still making a huge pile of board blanks... I just haven't had time to post an update. A full time job with benefits cropped up & I had to take the opportunity. That meant finishing up my contract with my old job, orientation & starting the new job plus making your boards. I've also had a problem with my new sander... every time I turn it on, it draws too much juice and the whole shop power. This has yet to be resolved fully, but I am going to rent time on a friend's sander (essentially take the huge pile of board blanks I have over to his shop and put them through his machine).
    Sorry for the lack of updates, I thought i sent this out weeks ago. I've been at one job or the other for the past month, working close to 15 hours a day, plus gluing up boards, planing and cutting them apart in my few 'free' hours.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Hope nothing happened to Ned?

The lack of updates over on kickstarter has some of the supporters sounding rather displeased... A short status update over there would probably do a lot to calm the pitchfork wielding crowds. Perhaps a wee bit to much success in this case?

you've got that right ryan, some are looking to take legal action, some think that he's taken the money and ran. one that was into him for a good sized board has posted his opinion on twitter (over 2200 followers), and one of them reposted on his facebook page as well. he needs to resurface and post something, or this could get really ugly. i've tried to get a hold of him, his facebook page, twitter page, kickstarter page, even made a call that went to voice mail, with no luck. i'm only into him for $10, so no worries there (a couple of cheap frozen pizzas there), but there are others with more invested, that are looking to contest the charges.
    benedictione omnes bene

still not a peep out of him. i figure its either a) he's dropped off the planet entirely, b) in witness protection, or c) on the first manned mission to mars. not answering messages, email, or the phone. one of his backers thinks that a personal visit may be in order.
    benedictione omnes bene