I'm trying to be a little more organized and getting the cutoffs in one location will help. I made this lumber cart based off plans that Steve Ramsey of Woodworking for Mere Mortals has on his site. Like most I have the I can use that for something mentality!:) I probably could have made it twice as long, but I don't have the room. You can put shorts in the two bins up front. The middle has storage for some longer cutoffs, and the back is for sheet goods. I don't have the room to store full sheets of ply, but I do have several off cuts that fit on the back. Here's a couple of pics.
cart2.jpgcart side.jpg

If I had room, Id build 3 or 4 of those and keep them organized with all my shorts by species and such.
But, Ive finally gotten over the disease of Ill find a use for that later, and started learning how to dispose of shorts and strips Ive had sitting on my shelves for over a year.
when I need room for larger pieces, the smaller ones go into the burn boxes outside.

John i built same cart and I hope you put real good large castors on it because even with 6 inch steel/poly wheels mine is a beast to move. Gets heavy fast.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk