Thread: Getting the itch

Getting the itch

Had a little fun today.

We went sight seeing & looky what we saw. No we didn't buy it. I need a little more money.

It isn't the model I want I prefer the Honda VTX1300R model The wheels in it are not

wire spokes. This had 39000 miles on it & they wanted $3700 for it. There are better

prices out there on newer bikes with less miles. This was at the Honda dealer.

It was in pretty good shape & fit me like a glove very comfortable.

I told the salesman if & when I bought one. that I really didn't want to ride it with traffic

right away & he said they would deliver it. I want time to ride the back roads to get used

to it & take a safety course. I don't intend to kid myself I'm several years older & haven't

ridden for many years.

Hey I did find out I still have pretty good reflexes in a parking lot a Mini Cooper came

rolling out from between cars right in front of me & I planted the GMC Safari Van right

on it's nose, 3 feet more & bang smaller Mini Cooper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bart on 2004 VTX1300S.jpg  
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    Looks good, I'd like the saddle bags from the one next to it though. never cared for that rivet look...been 20 years since my harley left, got me wishing again ... fit like a glove is a good sign, she's talking to you
    The perception of perfection is perfectly clear to everyone else

Makes me jealous

Been a lot of years for me, but I do miss it.

That one looks real nice.

That's pretty cool, but I think I'll still pass.... last time I rode a mechanical horse was in 1961 on Guam... a Yamaha 300 and met a house in the road... did a quick turn around to avoid it and laid the bike on it's side in a gravel patch... when it quit spinning, I was squatted on the gas tank holding on to the upright handle bar for dear life... wasn't my bike and I was embarrassed that I had scuffed my friends. I still like having 4 wheels under me.
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

I started riding again when gas first approached $4. Took the safety course and started off with a Kaw 650. Hated it and very quickly went up to a Suzuki C50T. Rode that for a couple years and upgraded to a Kaw Vulcan 1600 classic. Rode that for 2 years, sold it to a friend and am now riding a Victory. For safety I added a modulating head light and an air horn. The Honda is a nice bike and will give you many years of riding pleasure. Watch out for the idiots.
    Either you like bacon or you are wrong.

Started riding 4 years ago.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    Awesome photo Dave

Terry, I went from mini-bikes{Honda 50's} to a 125 Yami to an 883 Sportster, held on for dear life during that first week LOL
    The perception of perfection is perfectly clear to everyone else