Getting the itch

Bart Leetch

Had a little fun today.

We went sight seeing & looky what we saw. No we didn't buy it. I need a little more money.

It isn't the model I want I prefer the Honda VTX1300R model The wheels in it are not

wire spokes. This had 39000 miles on it & they wanted $3700 for it. There are better

prices out there on newer bikes with less miles. This was at the Honda dealer.

It was in pretty good shape & fit me like a glove very comfortable.

I told the salesman if & when I bought one. that I really didn't want to ride it with traffic

right away & he said they would deliver it. I want time to ride the back roads to get used

to it & take a safety course. I don't intend to kid myself I'm several years older & haven't

ridden for many years.

Hey I did find out I still have pretty good reflexes in a parking lot a Mini Cooper came

rolling out from between cars right in front of me & I planted the GMC Safari Van right

on it's nose, 3 feet more & bang smaller Mini Cooper.

Attachments

• Bart on 2004 VTX1300S.jpg
    Bart on 2004 VTX1300S.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 52
That's pretty cool, but I think I'll still pass.... last time I rode a mechanical horse was in 1961 on Guam... a Yamaha 300 and met a house in the road... did a quick turn around to avoid it and laid the bike on it's side in a gravel patch... when it quit spinning, I was squatted on the gas tank holding on to the upright handle bar for dear life... wasn't my bike and I was embarrassed that I had scuffed my friends. I still like having 4 wheels under me.

I started riding again when gas first approached $4. Took the safety course and started off with a Kaw 650. Hated it and very quickly went up to a Suzuki C50T. Rode that for a couple years and upgraded to a Kaw Vulcan 1600 classic. Rode that for 2 years, sold it to a friend and am now riding a Victory. For safety I added a modulating head light and an air horn. The Honda is a nice bike and will give you many years of riding pleasure. Watch out for the idiots.