Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm starvin

I'm starvin

Day two of a diet. No diet in particular just trying to cut calorie intake by about 500 points a day (2 lbs a week). I've been tracking my meals in the My Fitness Pal app, also trying out the Spark People app, both are very similar. Since the last time I used it they have improved the bar code scanner, which lets you scan the UPC bar code on the package and it looks up the information for you to enter into the meal. Before Xmas I was seeing the craze of everyone wanting a wrist band fitness tracker (Fitbit for example), didn't see what all the hype was about. After messing with the diet app, and now I'm realizing that it would be nice to have something track my steps so that I can gain a few more calories to eat each day, stay under my goal, and not starve.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Eat a LOT of vegetables (raw is best) and drink a lot of water - you will loose weight.

I'm rooting for you, Darren. In fact I'll start a sympathy diet. Maybe tomorrow

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    Lost 75 lbs since march of last year, simply by pushing the plate away. I've been eating whatever I want, just cutting way, way back on portions, no more second helpings of anything{excluding this past X-mas cookies } I've found that I no longer enjoy the chips and sweets as much since the pounds starting melting away...now if only staying off the smokes were as easy..........
    The perception of perfection is perfectly clear to everyone else

I'm pulling for you Darren, and great job Ken! I need to drop a few pounds myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Voisine View Post
    Eat a LOT of vegetables (raw is best) and drink a lot of water - you will loose weight.
    I second that
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible

I think you have been talking to Brent

He's of like mind (and me too).

I have my pocket "fitbit" and when I get to 8000 steps by 4pm, I just have to get that last 2000 in...it does inspire you. To start, portion control is the secret. It's the first Monday after the new year and I'm with you 100% (my jeans have been feeling a little tight over the holidays )

Yep! Time to get on the ELMM program! I know that trying to diet and eat all veggies and that never really works long term for me, so its all more about just doing portion control.

(ELMM = Eat Less Move More)
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Well I'm feeling good about my weight situation. last year I set out to lose 28 pounds & get back down to my high-school graduation weight of 175 pounds. I am 5'9" & am now 174 pounds. No belly & buying smaller pants & shirts & getting back into the ones I used to wear. Mostly by eating less calories. I just basically cut my diet intake somewhere by 1/3 - 1/2. I feel great.

So I'll stand on the side lines & cheer for those trying to do the same.

As to quiting smoking I used to smoke a pipe I know it s bit different then cigarettes but my advice is what I did, don't get one in your hand you won't be able to put it in your mouth. Also don't keep any cigarettes around & dont hang out with those that smoke. Maybe get some gum to chew. Go out to the shop & stay busy. Even if it means cleaning & rearranging the entire shop & videoing it & writing a book about it STAY BUSY.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Congrats to you both Ken and Bart! I let myself balloon again this past year after losing a few the previous 2yrs. I'm trying the ELUM diet myself as well as becoming more active...starting with shoveling 5-7" of snow that's on the way today/tonight.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website