entry lock disabled question

Simplest/cheapest method is to glue/epoxy the locking knob{the small one you turn to lock/unlock} another is to pull it apart and from the locking knob{again the small one} cut off the rod {not the semi-circle rod} that engages the lock mechanism...hope it helps

Last edited:
Larry,

Once you remove the two screws and look inside you will see that it is easy to do what you want. As usual Ken has a good answer.

Enjoy,
JimB

ps If you have any questions I will take one apart and PM the pics to you. I think I have several of them. I will send you one or more to play with if you wish.

Larry,

Once you remove the two screws and look inside you will see that it is easy to do what you want. As usual Ken has a good answer.

Enjoy,
JimB

ps If you have any questions I will take one apart and PM the pics to you. I think I have several of them. I will send you one or more to play with if you wish.

thanks jim but i will get this done without samples:) i thought it was possible just wanted to refresh my memory its getting dusty:) thats how i thought i had one long time ago ken. thanks again

Larry, if you open the lock, there should be a series of pins that are spring loaded to fit the key...... when a lock is re-keyed they just change those pins to fit the key, so removing those pins should disengage the lock.