Veritas Dovetail Saw Guide System

I am not sure how to reply, meaning I don't want to offend anyone. I believe it is just a waste of money and more important will get in the way of acquiring the necessary skill of using a handsaw.

Bill,

I agree that for those who do not have any physical dissabilities may consider this a waste of money but as our population ages there are more and more men who's hands shake to the point that very detailed control of a saw when cutting dovetails, while maybe not impossible, is more trouble than it is worth. This tool can expand their wood working capabilities. I am 59 and have noticed a little more shake than I used to have and it will most likely worsen over time. Also, I am sure there those new to woodworking who would benefit from using this tool for a time until their skill level in other wood working areas improve at which point they can redirect their limited time available for woodworking to learn the art of making dovetails.

Jack

I am not sure how to reply, meaning I don't want to offend anyone. I believe it is just a waste of money and more important will get in the way of acquiring the necessary skill of using a handsaw.