Ok thats it i am taking a mental health day :) off to LV

Rob Keeble

Well i would like to remind all of you who were born in North America to cherish the government, organization and liberty and freedoms you don't even realize you have. I say this in reference to aspects of life few ever get to even have to deal with hence don't even know how what you have to deal with compares.

Suffice to say after waking this morning and once again dealing with some outstanding money issues related to where i came from, i end up going into depression.

So in the midst of my other half being half a world away on our collective mission in that same place, I am making my own executive order and declaring this my mental health day and going off to counter balance the (I am at a loss for words even ones that are against our coc) and delight at the good things in life like a trip to a Lee Valley store (where customer service is just so incredible and things well what can i say just work the way they should (my thanks to Lee Valley for sanity restoration) :rofl::wave:

We used to have an expression back in the old place which if one got very annoyed (putting it mildly) and frustrated we would say....

"Its enough to make a monkey bite its mother" :rofl: Don't ask me why we found this so funny but i guess the humor of it ,kinda lets off a bit of steam when you say it to people who know what it means in that they living with the same absurdity.

Oy vey :thud:I don't normally drink hard liquor before noon (well except on business in Eastern Europe back in 89:eek:) and normally i aint even a hard liquor drinker but today could end up being an exception only problem is when to put the botle down if one starts :doh:.

I dodged a bullet today, in the sense that i was almost being forced to have to make a return journey to a place i swore i was never stepping foot in again in my life and i could write a book about why that's the case you would have to have some principles to begin to understand.

What can i say thank goodness for Canada, freedom and wood, oh and toys for working wood.;) Cheers :beer:

I have even more empathy now for people that for some reason or another end up having to flee their place of birth. Emigration is one thing, but as an immigrant i just cannot imagine what it must be like to be a refugee and on top of that not speak the local language where ever one ends up.

So step outside and salute that Maple Leaf or Stars and Stripes folks and pause a moment just to thank your lucky stars and your homeland I cannot put into words what I am trying to say, at least not after what i have been through this morning.

Later

Hope your day improves, Rob. Mental health solutions are rarely found in bottles though. My days are hugely improved over my past and it really has nothing to do with the country of my birth. It is a decision I made when I realized I had a choice of how I felt each day. I feel immensely blessed. I choose to feel that way and what a difference it has made in my life.

Can't comment of the country of birth these days. Gets too close to violating the CoC's with regard to politics.

Rob - yeah - it could be worst.

No matter what we have more blessings to count than many other do.

I do thank my very lucky stars (and stripes) for the ease of living that I have.

And yes - even though we are so well endowed with so much luxury - I still - do complain.

Don't get me wrong - I have a tiny house and a small income compared to many.

But I am a filthy rich kid compared to many many many more.

Ohhhh - and I can heartily attest to the fact that there are no good things in any of those (adult) bottles - NONE.

I do hope you get to feeling better.

Well my trip to LV was very fruitful, i really like their new store. :thumb: And just for the record my comments re a stiff drink were all in fun. I too am dieting and we all know the calories in any booze. Somehow water just don't taste the same. ;)

I had to pick up a backorder for my yankee screwdriver , for anyone else that is after bits for these screwdrivers although the website shows the item as going obsolete something i have found with LV is that they may still have stock in the main warehouse so if they have something you after that shows as no longer in stock dont give up contact customer service and have them check the system. As others have said its a real pleasure to shop at LV both online and in store.

After finally getting to see one of them one way centers http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=20245&cat=1,330,49238,43190
i decided on the way home from Eds place last Sat that I was definitely going to pick up one of them now i had seen it in real life. And needed a couple of sanding belts for my 1" belt sander which i use for sharpening.

Where is that new LV store, Rob? I'll have to give it a visit. When I come up to T.O. by myself I can make a visit, maybe even take my son-in-law along, or my daughter, for that matter.

Regarding depression - I've lived in depressionville for a long while. See your doctor and have a little talk with him about it. A G.P. can prescribe antidepressants, and I can tell you they help. I still go down from time to time, but not as deep as I used to. It's worth a visit.