Went to town today

Bart Leetch

Did our usual grocery shopping at Safeway we had built up to $ .50 qallon off on gas & needed to fill up. I always carry a gas can when I know I'll be getting gas becauase they allow you up to 25 gallons at the reduced price & my tank holds 27 gallons I usually fill up at a 1/4 of a tank & put the rest in the gas can around 5 gallons. We paid $1.69 9 a gallon today.

Price is going back up here in NE Ohio. Paid $1.82 last Monday. It's $1.99 today. Price of crude is still going down, so no reason for the increase that I can see. Go Figure...

BTW, Pennsylvania's gas taxes are 40¢ per gallon higher than Ohio's. Seeing a lot of PA license plates here, just across the state line.

I thought prices were going to be up forever. This is a good sign.

It will let people pend a lot more money in their local economy on lunches, and kids toys, etc...

But if the price of cigarettes magically drops back to 25 cents a pack, I'm going to start wondering if there is not some magic wizard behind the curtain controlling these prices.

I just hope this isn't the start of a depression.

Just my thoughts but I think that the high price of fuel causing all other prices accross the board to go up brought on the recession the could turn into a depression.

I have read that low fuel prices could be an indicator of an oncomming depression.

We have been at about $2.25 for the last week, but just dropped down to $2.16 in a couple of stations.

I know this is a silent global economic war of sorts, but I sure do enjoy the savings as I fill one car from empty once a week and the other car once every other week.

I just hope this isn't the start of a depression.
Just my thoughts but I think that the high price of fuel causing all other prices accross the board to go up brought on the recession the could turn into a depression.
I have read that low fuel prices could be an indicator of an oncomming depression.

I don't know about that, but here in NE Ohio, where the fracking for oil and gas is a big industry, they're really worried about the lower oil prices approaching the ROI (Teturn-On-Investment) price. The local - newly built - steel pipe plant that supplies the fracking well casement is also concerned. It could get serious.