Gravy Dish

I also got to use the new Nova lathe today. I made a walnut gravy dish the LOML has been wanting. Boy the lathe turns like a dream. What a difference. Anyway it is 8" across and 2" high. It is finished with General Finishes Seal-A-Cell and Arm-R-Seal.

Attachments

• Walnut Gravy Dish 1.jpg
    Walnut Gravy Dish 1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Walnut Gravy Dish 2.jpg
    Walnut Gravy Dish 2.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Walnut Gravy Dish 3.jpg
    Walnut Gravy Dish 3.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 28
Beautiful bowl!

Hello Bernie,

Very nice bowl. I don't think you'll be needing my bowl turning DVD's, you seem to have bowl turning down pat! :D You gotta love Walnut... Seems like you really like your new lathe. :) I really enjoyed demonstrating on it and was fortunate to be able to use one for a couple of years on my demonstration circuit.

I know you're already aware of this, but I will note this for any new bowl turners. If you use a solvent based finish on a bowl you will be eating out of, make sure you wait until the finish has fully cured before using it. Depending on the finish used, this full thickness curing may take a few days, or longer. Some finishes require 30 - 60 days or longer for a full cure. I typically wait two months before using a solvent finished bowl to be extra safe. Take care and all the best to you and yours!

I know you're already aware of this, but I will note this for any new bowl turners. If you use a solvent based finish on a bowl you will be eating out of, make sure you wait until the finish has fully cured before using it. Depending on the finish used, this full thickness curing may take a few days, or longer. Some finishes require 30 - 60 days or longer for a full cure. I typically wait two months before using a solvent finished bowl to be extra safe. Take care and all the best to you and yours!

Thanks Steve and all. Yep Steve that is why when I made the kids their mahogany salad bowl set I gave them for Christmas they were finished in May thru June. So had 6 months to sit and air.

Thanks again.