My shop (okay, Charlie's in Austin Texas)

I don't have a diagram, since too many of my machines overlap others - part of one machine even goes through a hole in my workbench. That is a tease to get you to look at it. Another tease... it is a two car garage (20 x 20) with no windows, but enough machinery to use seven (yes 7) 5 hp motors.

I have built a complete web page with a picture tour of my shop, to answer questions I get on my web sites. Therefore you can jump to the tour here www.solowoodworker.com/info/tour.html

And for a little more tease, here are a couple of the pictures

ShopBench.JPG

and next to the workbench is my combo machine with the 8.5 foot slider

ShopCombo.JPG

Charlie,

You're another one of those marvels of planning and organization. Perhaps more aspirational than strictly inspirational :D That's a whole lot of stuff in that space!

.... You're another one of those marvels of planning and organization. ...That's a whole lot of stuff in that space!

I wish I could claim planning and organization - as each machine arrived it got an initial home that with small adjustments worked out well... and lucky the way things overlap. I have had visitors from all over come to see how a slider fits in a garage (easy) and then are astounded at how much more can be in the garage with the slider.

Great tour Charlie and excellent example of investing in quality tools

Charlie, that sure is some awesome equipment you have there.....nice!

I have updated the tour to point out that all the equipment paid for itself from woodworking income in the year it was bought. As a retirement business it has been hugely successful... profitable enough to remain legally a business that pays tax every year, and not cost anything out of pocket. Of course, the income wasn't enough to maintain our life style if it were my primary job, but "don't work hard" is part of the business plan.