I've had this drill press for a few years and have done some upgrades over the years. I thought I would show what I have done to it. The first thing I did was correct the quill slop that developed a year or so ago. I converted the regular head casting to a split casting by cutting through the front of the head behind the plastic switch cover. This worked well to correct the wiggle I was getting. I installed 2 bolts, the top one is tapped in the head and is for setting tension to take up the play, the second is used with the lever on the side as a quill lock which I like much better than the stock lock.