My TS is here... UPDATED!!

Hi guys.

I had received notice that I will get my TS next week, so I tidyed up my shop, which was in desperate need of it, sorry no "before" pics, and also had to rearrange a few things to make room for the TS.
IMG_4576.jpgIMG_4577.jpg
Before tidying up I made three ramps to save the steps of the shop entrance.
IMG_4578.jpg

Before you ask about it, behind the black drape there is my last carving which I cover every day to prevent getting saturated of its view when I finish working on it. That allows me to retake it again with a fresh mind approach. Sorry not ready to be shown but soon you'll see it.

More pics when the baby is here!

Last edited:
So, have you learned a new skill? Carving with a TS?:huh: Do you mind sharing what you think will be your first project using the new TS?

Basically I will use it to rip boards and make straight and square cuts on those pieces of furniture that need straigt lines. So far I've using my bandsaw and thicknesser, but had a lot of problems when needed to make angled cuts. I not only carve Jon, I also make some funiture pieces from time to time.

Your cup is running over---A new baby in the family and a new saw in the same year---WOW!!!

Jim, my friend, it took me a while to get your joke!! For a few moments I thought you were mistaken! I can see that Jon also bite the bait!

Toni I am so happy for you.

Enjoy,
JimB

:eek::huh:Did I miss something???:eek:

Don't know Jon... Did my wife tell Jim something I don't know????:D:rofl:

BTW the TS will arrive tomorrow afternoon, but I do not think I will be able to assemble it until Saturday.

Sure wish I would have some free time Saturday, I would swing by and help set it up:)...... Just a little too long of a commute:p

Heck, you can get there in under 11 hours from DTW to Barcelona, via Paris, on Air France. Return in 14 hours (headwinds heading west) on Delta with a change in New York JFK. What's the big deal?

Hi Guys today the TS arrived on time 4:00 PM as promised by the transport agency. So here are the initial pics of the arrival and assembly.
IMG_4582.jpgIMG_4583.jpgIMG_4584.jpgIMG_4586.jpgIMG_4587.jpgIMG_4590.jpgIMG_4591.jpgIMG_4592.jpg

After attaching the extension table, I have spent quite a lot of time setting it up flat. I'm checking it with a precision straight edge and a feeler gauge of .006 inches and in the center there is still an area where the gauge gets in. Am I being to exagerated wanting to set it with such precision? Because I've been at it for more than an hour and this is the best I have achieved. See pics.
IMG_4598.jpgIMG_4599.jpg
Any help will be appreciated.

Sweeeet!

In answer to your question, yes, I think so. Wood moves and metal moves. If your cuts are within .006, you are golden. Notice I said cuts, not the machine. Its the results that count. Get'er running and then measure the results for straight. Square is a function of the blade setting.

:congrats: :woot:

One thing I would do is make the extension the low part you don't it to be above the Saw table.

+1 to that.

I never got mine quite perfect either and it doesn't seem to have been a real problem (in fact I'm pretty sure mine isn't as close as yours is at this point even :D). Partially because I almost never use the extension table for much except effectively as "outrigger" support for long pieces and the precision is on the other side of the saw.

Be careful changing any nuts on the support bar for the rip fence. I foolishly loosened the wrong ones on mine and spent an unreasonable amount of time to get it back square. I'm pretty sure the factory setting was actually more accurate :doh: The videos I pointed at earlier would have saved a lot of heartburn there.