bilzzard is coming, people are acting like idiots

So Allen i guess this storm was an example of life where the media run the show and politicians respond to their hype. Oy Vey. Back to winter. :)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

about a foot of snow here, strong winds, a lot of drifting, but not 24-30 inches as predicted up to 8-9 pm last night.
they missed this one bigtime.
I call it a fizzard. A blizzard that fizzled out.
Im ok with it all.
a foot is enough to create havoc for a couple of weeks.

Over 20" so far. The idiots on the news are outside with their yardsticks measuring snow. You would think it never snowed in NH.
The only one here bothered by the wind and snow is my dog. He sticks his nose outside and comes right back in. I don't think he'll poop again until April :eek:

Over 20" so far. The idiots on the news are outside with their yardsticks measuring snow. You would think it never snowed in NH.
The only one here bothered by the wind and snow is my dog. He sticks his nose outside and comes right back in. I don't think he'll poop again until April :eek:

Funny I thought we lived in the northeast where it snows:huh::huh: But they way these snow storm naming idiots carry on you would think it was the first time it has ever snowed anywhere :thumb::rofl::rofl:

the official total for my area was 9.5 inches, I measured 2 spots in my front yard and backyard where no drifts formed, and I got around 11.5 inches in both spots.
I had one drift on my driveway over the hood of my truck, maybe 5 feet?
they banned all traffic during the evening of the storm, and I just got back from the local hardware store, and I don't think the roads are any better than the first day after last years storm which was much worse and no traffic was banned for cleanup.
A plow came by during the day Monday, when there was maybe 3-4 inches down, then again around 7 pm, but I didn't see or hear a plow all night until 6:30 am Tuesday morning.
Why do I feel all the workers getting double and triple time were just hanging out in dunkin donuts and waiting to be seen so they can prove why they needed all that overtime. Eh, My local deli told me he did more business in 4 hours Monday morning than he did before hurricane sandy, good to hear.
Ill probably move a bit of snow each day until I have everything clean, Im not into breaking my back or torturing my knees.

and something I was very happy to see, there were so many high school aged kids out early knocking on doors looking for snow shoveling gigs. Its good to see the local kids hustling to make a few bucks. If I would have known, I would have left my sno blower in the shed and watched them shovel it all.

....and something I was very happy to see, there were so many high school aged kids out early knocking on doors looking for snow shoveling gigs. Its good to see the local kids hustling to make a few bucks. If I would have known, I would have left my sno blower in the shed and watched them shovel it all.

Growing up in Syracuse, my sole source of income before I turned 16 and could legally get a job was plowing driveways with an old Gravely walk behind tractor with a snow blower attachment. $2 a pop, all winter long. I couldn't wait for it to snow:D

I banked a ton of money also ted when I was a kid shoveling snow. Id leave my house 8 am and return 8 pm exhausted but feeling rich.
I always felt people were more than generous(I grew up in Howard Beach Queens) and relieved when they knew Id be there and didn't have to shovel.
My mother made me shovel an elderly persons home out each time it snowed, and back then at 12 y/o, it aggravated me and Id fight every inch o fthe way with my mother insisting Im losing money, but she made me do it.
Now, at 59, and 11 months, I do my neighbors property with a smile, but it was a bit exhausting yesterday.(the nice neighbor, young couple with 2 kids, the husband is always called in when there are storms expected)