Shop floor

Just remember, a glued down wood floor is just as hard on the feet and legs as the cement under it. Wood floors are easier on the legs when they are suspended, like in houses that do not have a cement floor under them but have pilasters that support joists which support the wooden flooring. There is a "crawl" space under the floor. (Pardon me, I speak English but not the "contractor dialect.) It all adds up to: If the floor does not have a way to spring up and down, it is going to be just as firm as the cement under it.

You would need some pretty technical equipment to measure the difference in "give" of a wooden floor on cement vs cement only vs vinyl on cement. (The vinyl would probably be the softest; however no practical difference.)

A wooden floor suspended on 16" or 24" centers has a fair amount of give and is easier on the human body. It is also the reason the old fashion wooden floors squeaked; it was all of those miles of tongue and groove rubbing as the floor flexed.

Gads, I really get gabby at times. (Glenn, if you get tech and delete the last two words of the preceding sentence I am going to cut off your allowance.)

Enjoy,
JimB

My shop is in my garage and 2 years ago I did an epoxy system on the floor. I have been very happy with it, no moisture problems, it's not especially slick and cleanup is very easy. The only drawback is I did a heavy flake and although it looks great, small screws and such are hard to find because they kind of blend in. It has held up very well with me dragging my machines all over it on the woodshop side and jack stands and floor jacks on auto working side. It looks just like it did when after I put it down. Here are a couple of shots of the floor when I finished it and recent shots of my shop area.

The shop area.