Sadly It is My Turn

Paul Douglass

Seems like this is posted all to often on the this forum, but today was my day to say good-bye to my best friend ever. Had to have Alex, my dobbie put down. I may have waited too long and it was selfish on my part. He has had arthritis in his hind legs for sometime and was having a very difficult time getting up and walking. This morning he just could not make it. He will be missed. He never left my side since he was a puppy. But, it was comforting to see him finally at peace and out of pain. I feel bad, I just could not let go sooner.

R.I.P. Alex

Alex  orig             7 10 14.jpg

Bummer, Paul! I know how attached to him, from other discussions we've had.

I know how much he'll be missed, but please remember the good times you had with him, and feel comfort in knowing you did the 'right thing' in relieving his suffering.

So sorry Paul. It is tough losing a best friend like Alex I know. Praying for some peace for you at this time.Ours is 12 1/2 and we dont even want to think about that day.

I'm sorry to hear that paul, my wife told me that if I wanted to get another dog I could she seem to be ready for that but I told her if I was to get another dog I'm also going to get a sidecar for motorcycle. That's what I've ended that conversation lol

sorry paul, and we all try to make them last forever.. but there are others out there that will make your life full again.. they all have special things that we admired but the net one will show you another set of traits that will make you smile again

Very sorry to see this, Paul. Dobies are great dogs. We raised four of them when I was a teenager, so I can empathize with how attached you can become to them.

Paul, I had to put our old boxer, Lilly, down this spring. She and I took a final walk to the pond and to the back. She knew it was time. I just try to think how empty our lives would be without them. When we have a good/great dog time goes by so fast. Yet when you have a terrible one, seems like forever.