Kudos to Carbide Processors

glenn bradley

I just had to stop and give a tip of the hat to Tom Waltz and Carbide Processors. The cuts with their 55T plywood blade (37322) are nothing short of outstanding. The total absence of saw marks on this none-too-flat shop ply is amazing. A good saw setup is critical but, quality cutters really take advantage of a tuned up saw.

CP Ply Blade  37322 (2).jpg . CP Ply Blade  37322 (1).jpg

The carbide on their blades is massive. I have a couple of blades that have been sharpened once and would not be able to tell you which they were if I didn't know. The usable lifetime of these cutters is top notch and this makes them a great value.

OK, I'm off my soap box :thumb:

Hey Glenn, I'm just following up from a comment you made at BWII that you have Carbide Processors grind all of your blades to .125 (1/8"). Would you elaborate more on this?

It makes sense to me that maybe I should look at replacing some of my blades to be more consistent between tools/operations.

What variations of blades sizes/tooth counts are you using?

Are they blades that are available from their current list of offered blades/brands (http://www.carbideprocessors.com/saw-blades/saw-blades-by-diameter/)? Or are they something I'll need to contact them with for special order?

Can you ballpark the prices you've paid for your blades if they are custom grinds?

Thanks in advance. :wave:

Hey Glenn, I'm just following up from a comment you made at BWII that you have Carbide Processors grind all of your blades to .125 (1/8"). Would you elaborate more on this?

It makes sense to me that maybe I should look at replacing some of my blades to be more consistent between tools/operations.

What variations of blades sizes/tooth counts are you using?

Are they blades that are available from their current list of offered blades/brands (http://www.carbideprocessors.com/saw-blades/saw-blades-by-diameter/)? Or are they something I'll need to contact them with for special order?

Can you ballpark the prices you've paid for your blades if they are custom grinds?

Thanks in advance. :wave:

My first blade from them resulted from Tom reading my comments about wanting a blade that did this and that . . . end result was a 50T ATB with a full height FTG raker for clean cross-cutting for splines or multi-pass dados of odd dimension. I bragged on it here. From my experience with that blade I ordered others when the need arose. As a testament to their usable life, I have sharpened all my other blades to extinction but, am still running the CP blades with plenty of life still left in them. Sort of like an insert head on a planer; it pays for itself pretty quickly and everything after that is gravy.

From Carbide Processors I currently have a 30T rip, a 50T general use, a 50T ATB with FTG raker that leaves a flat bottomed groove, a 55T plywood blade, a 60T and 80T crosscut.

I just give them a call when I want a blade and haven't looked at the catalog for awhile. My cutters are from their "World's Best" in house brand (cermet II tips) which are all made when you order them; (my 50T general purpose may be their #37102, off the shelf IIRC).

Seems I pay a little under to a little over the $100 mark for them although I notice the price on their 60T crosscut is more than I recall paying(?). I believe Tom was giving forum members (here and SMC) a discount at one point. He is a pretty responsive guy online or you could just call and ask.

I use a lot of jigs, templates, setup blocks and DRO's so having a known kerf and cutting location really speeds me along. Despite a lot of use I do have at least 2 of their blades that have never yet been resharpened. I only say this since I am never shy about getting my cutters out when they need to be revived. They are not discount blades but, over their lifetime they have proved to be a bargain.

Last edited: