Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: it's another Friday!

it's another Friday!

well made it through another week today is Friday. I guess I must see how I make it through the next week laying on this here couch. And to my surprise yesterday I had one beer and I went to sleep quick. I think I might try that again.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

superbowl party starts here around 5 pm sunday.

Not a big crowd, so we have a little room left over if anyone is around.

Supermarket later today, some wipe on poly stuff today, maybe help elen clean up a little for party Saturday.
    Human Test Dummy

Finished up a couple weeks of jury duty. Shop time today, floor install tomorrow and I have been invited to some sort of party this Sunday; not sure what its all about but, free food is free food.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Got to figure out how to non celebrate my non birthday. Having to many to suit me. But
    it does beat the alternative. At least not that cold or snowy outside. Maybe complete
    garage clean out.

Back is still barking. Back brace is still on. Going to be extra careful as I don't want to be inhibited by back pain next Saturday for my first welding class! WooHoo!

Working the day job this weekend. Doing PT each day to care for the back. Nothing special. No TV here, so something about a game that people seem to cheat at playing for insane money is of no interest. I'll find out about the commercials later. I am invited out to dinner on Sunday to an old school German restaurant. Kind of looking forward to that.

Cooler temps, barely breaks 70, cloudy overcast, few occasional drops of something called rain. Ya know, winter in San Diego. Have dug the fleece out. Come on, spring!
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Have the work "holiday" party tomorrow night. Hope to get in some shop time tomorrow afternoon as the wife and girl are going to a play. Might be able to get the router table wrapped up...hope so, it's taking way longer than I wanted it to. Sunday looks like it will be snow removal as we are suppose to get 3-6" of snow Saturday night. After that a nice fire and some good warm food...might watch the game, but since my Packers blew it, I'm not that interested really.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Since this is my first weekend in the shop in many, many months, I think I will get re-aquinted by spending my time cleaning it. Maybe a little re organization is in order also. How ever it is, IT IS SHOP TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Niemi View Post
    Since this is my first weekend in the shop in many, many months, I think I will get re-aquinted by spending my time cleaning it. Maybe a little re organization is in order also. How ever it is, IT IS SHOP TIME
    Happy for you to get back out there Tom!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

I'll be pawing through the stacks of 'stuff' in the garage looking for some wood to make legs for a slab bench that has been in the works almost as long as.....well, a long time.

No shop time yet, per doctor's orders, although a bit of light sanding on a project shouldn't be too strenuous! I'm doing some walking each day, which doesn't seem to hurt any.

More walking and some computer work - SketchUp and finish new wills, etc.

Sunday will mostly be taking it easy, then gear up for the game. I don't have a dog in that hunt, but it should be a good game.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station