it's another Friday!

well made it through another week today is Friday. I guess I must see how I make it through the next week laying on this here couch. And to my surprise yesterday I had one beer and I went to sleep quick. I think I might try that again.

superbowl party starts here around 5 pm sunday.

Not a big crowd, so we have a little room left over if anyone is around.

Supermarket later today, some wipe on poly stuff today, maybe help elen clean up a little for party Saturday.

Finished up a couple weeks of jury duty. Shop time today, floor install tomorrow and I have been invited to some sort of party this Sunday; not sure what its all about but, free food is free food.

Got to figure out how to non celebrate my non birthday. Having to many to suit me. But
it does beat the alternative. At least not that cold or snowy outside. Maybe complete
garage clean out.

Back is still barking. Back brace is still on. Going to be extra careful as I don't want to be inhibited by back pain next Saturday for my first welding class! WooHoo!

Working the day job this weekend. Doing PT each day to care for the back. Nothing special. No TV here, so something about a game that people seem to cheat at playing for insane money is of no interest. I'll find out about the commercials later. I am invited out to dinner on Sunday to an old school German restaurant. Kind of looking forward to that.

Cooler temps, barely breaks 70º, cloudy overcast, few occasional drops of something called rain. Ya know, winter in San Diego. Have dug the fleece out. Come on, spring!

Have the work "holiday" party tomorrow night. Hope to get in some shop time tomorrow afternoon as the wife and girl are going to a play. Might be able to get the router table wrapped up...hope so, it's taking way longer than I wanted it to. Sunday looks like it will be snow removal as we are suppose to get 3-6" of snow Saturday night. After that a nice fire and some good warm food...might watch the game, but since my Packers blew it, I'm not that interested really.

Since this is my first weekend in the shop in many, many months, I think I will get re-aquinted by spending my time cleaning it. Maybe a little re organization is in order also. How ever it is, IT IS SHOP TIME:D

Since this is my first weekend in the shop in many, many months, I think I will get re-aquinted by spending my time cleaning it. Maybe a little re organization is in order also. How ever it is, IT IS SHOP TIME:D

Happy for you to get back out there Tom! :thumb:

I'll be pawing through the stacks of 'stuff' in the garage looking for some wood to make legs for a slab bench that has been in the works almost as long as.....well, a long time.

No shop time yet, per doctor's orders, although a bit of light sanding on a project shouldn't be too strenuous! I'm doing some walking each day, which doesn't seem to hurt any.

More walking and some computer work - SketchUp and finish new wills, etc.

Sunday will mostly be taking it easy, then gear up for the game. I don't have a dog in that hunt, but it should be a good game.

Tonight I'll be hanging with the grandson since my wife is going out with friends. Tomorrow he goes to his dad's for the weekend, then we have a work party to go to. Sunday I'll be making another batch of the Buffalo Chicken Meatballs and settling in for the game. I think we're supposed to get a dusting of snow Saturday night, but going to try to get some high chair arms glued up this weekend.

Going to try to post a schedule of anticipated events for the FAMILY GATHERING. Lou is sick, I am tired, kicking back this weekend. Going to do a whole lot of nothing.

Just throwing it out there, but if anybody plays instruments, and are able to bring them, maybe in the evenings there could be 'jam sessions'?

Green house is pretty much up and running, got onions and herbs started out there.

Got the fence posts up for the chicken run, so need to start on the coop this weekend. Would like to get chickens pretty soon.

jon, I have to resign my application for the 1000 Meter Run, my knee is killing me lately and I think Im only going to do the 100 meter event.

:rofl: If you're not gonna run, then neither will I. It just won't be any fun without some decent competition.

Spent the morning taking delivery of the new appliances for the kitchen (bought and paid for before the layoff) then spent all afternoon helping my dad inventory his firearm collection.

Saturday will be spent doing a combination of doing plumbing, texturing, painting, and electrical work as I wrap up odds and ends at the new house.

Weather permitting Sunday, I hope to start getting some things moved out of storage and into the house. :thumb:

This weekend I am getting into my kilt and doing the Address to a Haggis again, this time in front of 140 people. Of the dozen or so times I done this, I've only been paid once, and tonight isn't that time. We'll spend the rest of the weekend staying warm. It's -10 at present, and tomorrow it's going to warm up to -7.