Meet Kristian

Thanks guys. If it were not for all of you encouraging me to persevere i dont think it would have got this far.

I cannot emphasize enough how worthwhile and amazing doing this whitlling is.
I seriously encourage all of you to give it a try.
I dont consider myself to have an ounce of artistic tallent. Never would have ever believed one can do something even close to this with just a knife blade. I just let my hands go at it.
There is one issue i find, lol its a bit like eating peanuts, once u get going u dont want to stop cutting and that can be a problem as i found in my beggining with this guy.
I never paid much attention to the picture in the book. Hence me lopping the nose part off. But it also showed me you can freehand this concept very easily.
Its a wonderful feeling when u have something at the end.
Btw all u really need to spend to give it a whirl is buy a pack of replacement blades at LV
http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=31095&cat=1,130,43332,44062
Cost u $10 plus shipping and make your own knife.
Those blades are excellent value and work well and hold an edge long enough without sharpening to be able to see if u get the bug.
Minimal risk. Then if u find u like it step up to something else, it need not be the carving jack but let me say that the carving jack knife blade is utterly amazing steel and blade shape and thickness.
Thanks for all the encouragement and kind comments.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk