pics of my "micro" shop

dave worrall

Here is my shop. Perhaps the term "micro" isn't right, but it's small. The workshop space is 8 x 16, and is shared with the rest of the basement. Sorry for the mess of the place, but I am just getting organized in there and hope to build some storage cabinets and tool organizers so it will be cleaner looking. The sander, drill press, and band saw were made portable so I could roll them to the center table for better lighting and power supply. I also plan to add another light over the lathe as well. Anyways, thanks for looking.

DSC_0041.jpg
DSC_0042.JPG
DSC_0043.JPG
DSC_0044.JPG

Last edited:
Looking good Dave. I have a habit of building drawers into almost anything that will take them. You've got a lot of opportunity there for storage and the items that go in the drawers don't have to pertain directly to the tool that lives on top of them.

Mine in not much bigger! I'm finding I can do all I need to do in the space available to me as long as I don't get big ideas. I have never been accused of thinking big so I think I am okay.

Dave - looks good

Not the smallest shop I have seen but it looks well equipped.

Keep in mind that from 6" and higher there is a TON of space for all sorts of stuff.

Get creative.

Check out how cabin boats and campers are organized for some ideas.

Boats will tend to get "lived in" more than campers to they have more creativity is space conservation.

Nice shop Dave I would not apologize for the mess, its a working shop not a showcase :thumb: Like Leo says well equipped looks like you have fun in there that's all that matters.

You've made good use of limited space. My 'shop' is a 8x10 storage shed, and the only way I can work IN it is to wheel the large tools OUT of it. My wheeled table saw and bandsaw are essential. I dream of a 16 x 20' shed.

You are doing great. I guarantee that no matter what size shop you have, you will need a little more space.

Enjoy it! That is what it is all about. A few years ago Glenn lectured me about the fun part. I was cleaning and complaining and Glenn said to remember it was a hobby and cleaning is part of the fun. I didn't tell him that it sounded like a mother trying to convince her teen aged daughter about the fun of doing laundry.

JimB