Another shameless plug...

Sam Blasco

For a bandsaw. This is my slide jig that I use for logs and such. With the base removed it can be used like a planer sled when you don't have a wide enough jointer. It is in keeping with my last thread about bandsaws. You can see in the first picture how I use wedges to true and steady then let the bandsaw do its thing. Of course with rounds like these you probably wouldn't want to use a jointer for the first face or a planer to thickness. Bandsaw wins again. Check it out:

http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n313/postcromag/Jigs and Mods/Bandsaw Slide/

Nice hunk of wood Sam, I'd say it had you name on it :rofl:

What are you making...?

Small tables...?

What do you mean "Bandsaw wins again" are you telling us you could not do that on a tablesaw............. :rolleyes: :D :clap:

Nice!:thumb:

It is great to see what an expert can do with a really good bandsaw. Mine is a toy compaired to yours but some of the ideas could still work to a certain extent. I enjoyed your albums. Allen

Two of them are going to be beds/stands for speakers, and one is going to replace a flat screen TV's base. All for the same entertainment center... Naturally, I tried to figure out how to do it on my table saw, but my 14" blade wasn't quite tall enough, so, as a last resort, I turned to the bandsaw. ;)

Do you have it sliding on the regular fence assembly?

Yes. I've drilled and tapped four holes on my existing fence so that I can attach various jigs and auxillary fences. In the case of this jig, a piece of BB plywood is attached to the fence and the jig rides on it. I also have a base for the jig so that I can put small logs on it to get the first and second mill cuts on them.

"Very cool. Looks somewhat familiar, Sam..."

Yep. Waste not want not. I recycled this jig from the days when I had a cabinet saw and it was the center of my shop (the dark ages :D ,) also based on Jim Toplin's design.

It is a 24" wheel machine, but it only has a measly 16" of resaw, not like the current MM24's that can do a full 24" resaw. You want to talk scary -- seeing that much blade exposed! Youza.