I pays to be blessed with abilities to do different kinds of work.

Bart Leetch

After 4 years starting in January 2011 taking care of the LOML & watching the miracles of her healing which is still on going. Then taking care of my Dad through his last year of life. Then learning about my own health problems. Diabetes 2 & being diagnosed with Parkinson's.

I am back to work. I am doing auto detailing. I used to have my own business of mobile detailing & went to 2 dealerships & several private customers about 20 years ago. I make about $15 an hour which depends on my speed & abilities of knowing what to do & lack of wasted motion. As time goes on I will earn more per hour by my abilities to eliminate wasted motion. I have known the people I am working for 38 years. They keep saying it sure is nice to have someone that we don't have to tell what needs to be done & watch to make sure it gets done properly. Actually I really enjoy this work & the challenge of motion analysis to eliminate unnecessary moves. Like in the movie Cheaper by the dozen.

Reliable, trustworthy help, hard to find and hopefully getting appreciated more. Good for you Bart. Detailing is a talent that when done correctly you don't know it has been done. When done incorrectly or half way, it is painfully obvious an attempt was made.

Good on you Bart!

Glad to hear things are looking up, and I'll agree having a multitude of skills can certainly pay off in all sorts of ways.

Side question - do you use that commercial sewing machine much anymore? I was kind of hoping you'd share some of the tricks of the trade on that one eventually...

good deal bart, hope its close by..

About 7-8 miles each way. Of course you know we live in a small town. we are now living with in about 2-3 miles from Deception pass state park & the bridge.

I had an interior on a Jeep today that someone had done a sloppy job of cleaning. Actually had mold under the rear seat & on the seat-belts for that seat.

Also detailed the outside of a Subaru a dirt road car with very little care just nasty. They had to do some repair to the interior So I didn't get involved in that someone else is cleaning the interior. Sometimes we're just happy to let one go by. I did have to move it P.U. nasty smell of Dogs inside.

Last edited:
I did have to move it P.U. nasty smell of Dogs inside.

I could have used you back in '78/79.... when the first wife and I divorced, we were driving a 76 280z... she kept the car in the divorce until one day I came home and found it parked in the driveway... she didn't want it any more.... she and her boyfriend had taken a road trip with a german shepard and a golden retrieve in the back end, managed to spill beer all over the car and maybe the dogs lapped it up and then threw up again.... I stripped the inside of that car and washed and vacuumed for two days and it still smelled when I gave it back to the lease company.

Then back about 12 years ago I bought a '91 Ford Ranger from a friend... he had two little terrier dogs that traveled with them everywhere.... the car was covered with dog hair and smell.... vacuumed most of it out, but on wet damp mornings, could still smell dog in the car even after I had had it nearly 10 years.

Last edited: