I swear I don't know what gets into me sometimes. So, I want to get some chickens, but need a coop, and I need a run for them.
Well, I've scraped up a patch of desert for the run and have sunk some fence posts in there for them. And I've been working on the coop for the last couple of weekends.
I think I'm going a little overboard on it. I've framed the walls out of 2x2's and have lined the insides with 1/2" particle board, with 1.5" polystyrene insulation.
So far, I've got the base built, nesting box built and the walls assembled. Next up is to assemble the walls on the base and build a roof to put on it.
Then I'll be making all the doors and windows.
Here's what the kit for the walls look like so far.
All I can say is it's a good thing I've got a skid steer with fork lifts to move this thing. It's going to be heavy.