Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My web is up and running

My web is up and running

Hi everybody.

I just released my web page,http://www.toniciuraneta.com on it you'll see some projects that you've seen here already and some others that you don't, so please check and let me know your thoughts.

Comments, critics and sugesstions welcome as always.

Regards

Toni
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

My gosh Toni, I never realized that you did any other work other than carving. Your work is museum quality
    Yoyr website is just like your work. Classy
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gibson View Post
    My gosh Toni, I never realized that you did any other work other than carving. Your work is museum quality
    Yoyr website is just like your work. Classy
    Thanks a lot Bob. I'm glad you like my work.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Wowza, Toni!

In the English version with the coffee table, you will want to fix the spelling. Coffee has two 'e's and the end. Other than that, just Wowza! You are a very talented man that I am very proud to know.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Toni, the site is very appeasing and easy to navigate, I think you did well.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Amazing job on the site, almost as amazing as the objects displayed there.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Reed View Post
    Wowza, Toni!

In the English version with the coffee table, you will want to fix the spelling. Coffee has two 'e's and the end. Other than that, just Wowza! You are a very talented man that I am very proud to know.
    Thanks a lot Carol, having to check three languages is tiresome, and despite having done it several times I'm sure some other mistakes will appear. Thanks for pointing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    Toni, the site is very appeasing and easy to navigate, I think you did well.
    Thanks a lot Darren. I appreciate your comment

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    Amazing job on the site, almost as amazing as the objects displayed there.
    Well Brent, coming from an IT professional that comment is worth double, thanks a lot!
    Best regards,
    Toni

Your web site is classy, and your work is amazing (but we knew that). And your support in three languages is far beyond anything I have attempted.

Unfortunately your web site is what I call a "grandmother's" web site... one that your grandmother will look at with pride. But it is not likely to have a lot of visitors nor sell anything. My first web site was like that, and only had a couple hundred visitors over the first 6 months, until I rebuilt it.

Think about what people might be looking for (via Google). Your grandmother and other friends will search for your name, but someone looking for a coffee table doesn't know your name. Make a web page with your coffee table (and information about coffee tables, etc.) so Google will send people to your site who are searching for coffee tables. That is called the landing page, and you need to respond to the visitor with information to catch their interest in under 2 seconds, preferably under 1 second. Someone else may be searching for a dresser, need a different landing page. Searching for a relief carving or wood art or display stand or .... think of all the things you could offer, and have a landing page for each.

I decided to put prices (I could reproduce something exactly like this for $xxx) on my web site - to keep people who are looking for a $20 coffee table from bothering me, and to reassure customers that my coffee tables are not $10,000 museum pieces. When I first started, I wanted to talk to everyone, but soon I realized that 90% of the contacts were wasted effort.

Web experts say to sell your product on the landing page, but I don't have a product - I have a service. Therefore each page has links to other pages, and practically every customer has told me, I found a coffee table (or whatever I was looking for) and then browsed your web site, [which convinced me that] you do good work.

After I rebuilt my furniture web site with lots of landing pages, I average 8,000 to 12,000 visitors per month, and have gotten practically all my work from the site (or from repeat business that started on the web site).
    Charlie Plesums, Austin Texas
    (Retired early to become a custom furnituremaker)
    Lots of my free advice at www.solowoodworker.com

Both the site and your work are very sophisticated and classy. I agree with Bob's museum quality assessment. Beyond ETSY, I know nothing about internet marketing. Charlie has the experience of having been through the process, so if you want to develop and grow a business his comments make sense.

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    Looks awesome Toni, the layout and the product
    The perception of perfection is perfectly clear to everyone else