Site performance?

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
How's the site performance for everyone? I've been doing a few tweaks to the caching on the site, will be doing a few more, but just wanted to make sure I wasn't causing any issues for anyone.

update, when I log on, nothing happens, it says thankyou for logging in, but doesn't show I logged in.
when I click on forums, and go to any thread, it shows Im logged in.
I don't know if this post will post after I click, I cant see my posts.

Got a problem now. Ignore my earlier comment.

I got a PM, read it, and tried to go back to "New Posts." I keep getting the header 'You have a new PM' and when I click 'cancel' it lets me read one thread. Each time I go back to the "New Posts' window, I get another "PM" notice. I've even deleted the PM, and I'm still getting the 'New PM' notice.

I've reversed the change I made earlier, which was suggested by one of the web optimizing sites. If you're still having issues, try clearing your cache on your browsers...sorry for the inconvenience.

Did you clear your cache? In firefox, go to the hamburger icon (3 horizontal lines stacked), History, clear cache, you can uncheck all but the "Cache" checkbox and clear it only.

Edit: this was posted from firefox.

Last edited:
How's the site performance for everyone? I've been doing a few tweaks to the caching on the site, will be doing a few more, but just wanted to make sure I wasn't causing any issues for anyone.

The only thing that I can complain about is that if it takes me a bit long to write a post or a PM it logs off without telling me so and I loose all my previous writing, the only workaround I find is cut and paste what I had been writing once I log on again.

I do not know if it is meant to do so or not.

The only thing that I can complain about is that if it takes me a bit long to write a post or a PM it logs off without telling me so and I loose all my previous writing, the only workaround I find is cut and paste what I had been writing once I log on again.

I do not know if it is meant to do so or not.

I may have found a fix for this, let me know if it still happens for you.