Don't Drink and Drive???

Don't Antihistamine and Saw. Antihistamines make me sleep a lot. They also make me stupid (OK, stupider). The doctor Rx'ed some for me for a bad cold. He said this was much better than what they had the last time I was sick---15 years ago. Well he was wrong. I slept away four days of my life, was uncoordinated, slow thinking, etc.

Anyway, a week later I stuck my hand in the bandsaw because I wasn't as alert as I thought I was. I am tremendously glad that I only sawed down to, and slightly polished the tendon---another 32nd of an inch would have been a major bobo. As it is all I got was a little slice. A little Bacitracin and a home made butterfly bandage seems to be all that was needed. (Well, right now some one-handed typing lessons would have paid off.)

The attachment is NOT gory. It is my new, patent pending, don't bend this part of your hand splint. It keeps the wound from reopening when you use home made butterfly bandages. It is also handy if you drive in Boston. If you don't get it I will take another pic from a different angle to post.

Enjoy,
JimB

Last edited:
This is problem with most accidents, they happen when one less expects. Talking about anhistamins, that's why they warn you about driving, using dangerous machines and so forth.

Glad it wasn't worse Jim.