Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: I must be ready for spring..

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Southeast Pa
    Posts
    2,019

    I must be ready for spring..

    Well the Treager guys were back at the local Costco today and even though it was around 10 F outside I bought a Treager Jr pellet grill. Hadn't done any research but my poor quality propane grill wore me out last season and I hope this is faster for a couple of burgers than the Webber. $299. with cover and a couple of bottles of seasoning. Only has the three position control so that may be an issue..
    Hope to replace with a PID anyway at some point..

    And I am sure spring is just around the corner!

    Big mistake or good deal?

    Garry

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ABQ NM
    Posts
    30,014
    Congrats. No personal experience with them, but I know others who love their Traegers.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

    workingwoods.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Roanoke, Illinois
    Posts
    212
    I love my Traeger. I buy pellets at Menards. They are much cheaper that Traeger pellets. One thing I dislike about any of the pellets is that the hardwood listed on the bag only makes up 30% of the content. I think the remaining 70% must be floor sweepings from a cabinet shop. . I find it impossible to distinguish taste between them.
    Either you like bacon or you are wrong.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bellingham
    Posts
    2,449
    We have a Traeger and we also like it. It is pretty old now, and drum is pretty shabby and the internals (heat shield, grill) are very rusted/pitted, but the auger and drive mechanism are still going strong. I would like to see them make the drum and internals out of stainless steel.

    One thing I might mention is that a pellet grill is not fast. A propane grill will be much faster. It is a different style of cooking.
    “When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.” - John Ruskin
    “Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” - Oscar Wilde

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Freeetown, Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Foster View Post
    And I am sure spring is just around the corner!
    I was just wondering which corner Spring is around? The 6 foot high wall of snow or the 7 foot high wall?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    1,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo Voisine View Post
    I was just wondering which corner Spring is around? The 6 foot high wall of snow or the 7 foot high wall?
    60º Here yesterday
    Jesus was a Woodworker

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Freeetown, Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,019
    About a week of that 60* would drop one of the snow kills maybe 6" or so.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Southeast Pa
    Posts
    2,019
    I am over in Ohio for a few days and it is supposed to be 18 below F tomorrow night. And that is real temp then it is also supposed to be windy to boot..

Similar Threads

  1. Getting ready for Spring Shows.
    By Chuck Ellis in forum Lathe Project Showcase
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-23-2015, 12:42 AM
  2. Spring is here...
    By Ned Bulken in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 04:55 PM
  3. Spring is here ......
    By Rob Keeble in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-05-2011, 05:59 AM
  4. Spring is trying...
    By John Pollman in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-30-2011, 03:32 AM
  5. spring is here!
    By Jozsef Zsomle in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 01:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •