I must be ready for spring..

Garry Foster

Well the Treager guys were back at the local Costco today and even though it was around 10 F outside I bought a Treager Jr pellet grill. Hadn't done any research but my poor quality propane grill wore me out last season and I hope this is faster for a couple of burgers than the Webber. $299. with cover and a couple of bottles of seasoning. Only has the three position control so that may be an issue..
Hope to replace with a PID anyway at some point..

And I am sure spring is just around the corner!

Big mistake or good deal?

Garry

I love my Traeger. I buy pellets at Menards. They are much cheaper that Traeger pellets. One thing I dislike about any of the pellets is that the hardwood listed on the bag only makes up 30% of the content. I think the remaining 70% must be floor sweepings from a cabinet shop. :D :D. I find it impossible to distinguish taste between them.

We have a Traeger and we also like it. It is pretty old now, and drum is pretty shabby and the internals (heat shield, grill) are very rusted/pitted, but the auger and drive mechanism are still going strong. I would like to see them make the drum and internals out of stainless steel.

One thing I might mention is that a pellet grill is not fast. A propane grill will be much faster. It is a different style of cooking.