My CNC kits were originally scheduled for delivery today, but I got notice first thing Monday that they would be delivered a day ahead. UPS came with my shipment last night at 8:10. All I did last night was open the boxes to check for damages and there were none.
Part of my build is to construct a new bench (shelf) area on which to put my machine as I complete different phases of it. Here's the beginning of it as well as a SketchUp of the whole thing.
I spent all morning today doing an inventory of all the parts. There are plenty of parts! Lots of parts!!! Parts is parts!!!!!!!!!!
After lunch, I reviewed some of the instructions to determine where to begin. All of the instructional material is online. I looked at the Inventables site as well as the Shapeoko site and Wiki references to get a feel for the processes. I finally started down the list of instructions at Shapeoko.
The first steps I did was to assemble the v-wheels and idler wheels, pressing two bearings and a spacer into each. When that was done, I mated them to the motor mounts. One issue I ran into was the NEMA 23 motor case was hitting the nuts on the bolts holding the idler wheels to the mount. An email to Sam at Inventables clarified the process - a modification to the instructions on their site that shows spacers to set the motor back a bit.
I guess I have to be satisfied with my progress today, since I had no idea what I might get accomplished to start with!!!!!