It ain't Boston

Chuck Ellis

but this is pretty unusual for us... the weather guessers reported about 7 inches in our area.
The wife took these this morning.

A view out front of our house
Feb 2015 Storm2 004.jpg

Out back towards my shop... it sits behind the cedar tree.. don't think I'll try to go out there today.
Feb 2015 Storm2 006.jpg

The barn across the road
Feb 2015 Storm2 015.jpg

Up the hill behind the house.
Feb 2015 Storm2 028.jpg

Here in NE Ohio, it's been the coldest winter since 1976 so far, but we're actually 'behind' on snow. Only 59" so far this winter. Average is closer to 100". It's only been above freezing (32°F) three times since the first of the year, and snow that we got in December is still on the ground. At this rate, it won't melt until June!:eek:

We'll see this gone by next week... it's supposed to snow again tonight, but then rain starts on Saturday and all next week.... it's suppose to reach near 50 degrees by this time next week. In the 9 years I've lived here, I think this is the 3rd ground covering snow we've seen.

If that was my yard you would not see the rails on that fence

Remind me not to move there :rofl: Although I'll bet the cross country sking is pretty good - sort of miss being able to walk out the back door, drop the skies and head out for 10 miles like I could when I was a kid.

Balmy 50-60F here all week. You guys back east got all the weather this year, the glaciers are already melting on the mountains which is not good for the water situation this summer! We've also already had fire risk warnings in the area.

Bout what we got up the rode Chuck. We got around 3" on top of the inch or so of ice and snow that we got last week. We have 11 days built into the school calendar for weather. They've already called off tomorrow which will make us using 10 of those. We've been out nine straight days. I'm not complaining, it's just more shop time for me!

isnt it just beautiful, nice a clean looking all done in the bright white:) we got a fair amount of snow here and the temps have been cold like jim mentioned we have had several that were below zero temps the coldest being around -17 i think.. made some nice ice on the lakes though got around 16" of good ice looks like a full season this year:)

isnt it just beautiful, nice a clean looking all done in the bright white:) we got a fair amount of snow here and the temps have been cold like jim mentioned we have had several that were below zero temps the coldest being around -17 i think.. made some nice ice on the lakes though got around 16" of good ice looks like a full season this year:)

Yeah, your weather and ours have been about the same. We do get some colder nights, due mainly to the 'lake effect' cold coming off the totally frozen Lake Erie. We saw -20°F one night last week, and again on Monday. Luckily, though, we've not had any major power outages this winter. One was about three hours, but that's it so far.

Chuck that third image is really great! I see a lot of "photos" and that one is simply beautiful. I hope you have it printed and framed. It certainty is worthy of that!

Chuck that third image is really great! I see a lot of "photos" and that one is simply beautiful. I hope you have it printed and framed. It certainty is worthy of that!

Tom,
Thank you... I'll tell my wife your comment. She took the picture with her little point and shoot Cannon, and probably through the front window as she has some difficulty getting around and probably didn't try to step out on the front porch.