Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday! 2/27/2015 Edition

It's Friday! 2/27/2015 Edition

Hard to believe that it will be March this weekend. I think we're supposed to get some snow this weekend, but forecast have been widly off this year for us, so either they will finally get it right or we'll have more of the usual (none) which I'll take. My wife has a few organization projects on the list for this weekend, but hoping to get a little shop time in otherwise. Need to do some picking up as things are getting to be a mess again out there.

What's everyone else got going?
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

I had drywall guys in to re-texture our study that I have been remodeling. The weather has been reasonably mild for February, and dry when the guy came to give us an estiamte. Of course, it got really cold, started snowing early in the morning before they arrived. They started at 8:30 and were done in about 2 hours. They asked me to leave the window open just a bit for air circulation. They are doing a smooth coat with fine waves/ripples, will almost like like the surface of a sand dune. So it takes several light coats to smooth, and then a final roll-on coating for troweling. Otherwise, I might have been worried it would sag since it was so cold. I went in a few hours after they had left, and it was damp and freezing in there, window was all wet inside, and the mud did not seem to be curing very fast -- but only a few globs I checked that were inside the cutouts around electrical boxes. I sure did not want to touch the walls! Maybe this is good, to let it dry slowly. About 6pm I closed the window down and cranked up the heat. This morning all looks fine. Hopefully it will be a bit warmer when they return to do next steps.

We got maybe 3-4 inches overnight, enough to not shovel, but fire up the snow blower again. I am at least looking at this year positively -- I am getting my money's worth out of my snow blower.

Friday: I'm continuing with my CNC project - preparing to modify the gShield board for additional connections I'll need. I'm still waiting for a few parts I had to order online to arrive to dive head-long into finalizing the electronics box.

Saturday: LOMLs birthday - need I say more?

Sunday: NASCAR in Atlanta - hope they don't get snowed in!!!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Movie night at home tonight...with a fire...it's COLD!! Tomorrow it should warm up enough to get out the shop long enough to get Bill's old router plate put into mine so I can finally start using my new router! KU basketball in the late afternoon and then a lazy day at home on Sunday.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Supposed to be another -15° night tonight, and up to 5° tomorrow. I'll either be in the shop, or in front of the TV.

Supposed to warm up to 20° on Sunday, and drop another 6~8" of snow. Guess I'll be shoveling and plowing...
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

IBox and wood hinge playtime for me.

Been a slow week here...started with me catching a stomach bug last weekend, and although I'm pretty much back to normal (or as normal as I get), LOML now has the full-blown flu. I expect to spend most of the weekend continuing with the unpacking and organizing as we get settled into the new house. The handyman project du jour is to replace the ceramic shelf in the master bath shower. LOML dropped the handheld shower head on it last week and broke it. I have the replacement shelf, but the tricky part will be removing the remnants of the old one without breaking any of the surrounding tile. (I really don't want to re-tile the entire shower right now.)

We've had pretty mild weather for the past few weeks, but woke up this morning to about 3 to 4 inches of white stuff on the ground.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

I'm counting on finally seeing dad post the pictures from the clamp wall re-org we did last Saturday/Sunday!?!
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Season 3 of House of Cards up on Netflix today! My wife and I watched the first two seasons (13 episodes each) earlier this month, in about a 3 day period. Was almost as addicting as Breaking Bad.

Just started a fire in the fireplace, and ready to pop open a few cool ones ... Life Is Good!

Been a busy week for me so i hope to start with my mule deer carving this weekend that is after hitting the gym in morn to make up for time i missed this week.
    Given up worrying about what the weather is doing, until the white stuff melts i will just deal with it.
    Now i bet nothing turns out the way i called it.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    cheers