Poll: What kind of cordless drill-driver do you use?

What kind of Cordless Drill/Driver do you use?

• Bosch

Votes: 21 8.3%
  • Craftsman

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • DeWalt

Votes: 64 25.3%
  • Festool

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Hitachi

Votes: 14 5.5%
  • Makita

Votes: 45 17.8%
  • Milwaukee

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 15 5.9%
  • Panasonic

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • Porter-Cable

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Ridgid

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Ryobi

Votes: 22 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll add one more...

I picked up an 18 v Ridgid to replace my aging Dewalt that I can't get batteries for anymore. I took the first back as the brushes were sparking so bad that I thought something was wrong with it. The second one wasn't quite as bad, but did the same. Got to looking on the Ridgid forum and found that they don't break in the brushes at the factory. Ran it for 5 minutes in forward, then reverse and it pretty much stopped sparking. Haven't got to use it yet, but would swear the thing was corded by the sound and torque.

I had planned to buy another Dewalt, but found the Ridgid has a lifetime warranty and free replacement batteries, so thought I'd give it a go.

I wasn't aware that Rigid had a lifetime warranty on batteries. That will probably be my next choice.

I see some guys on TV use a Festool drill. It has a stubby front end and long handle. It may be a great tool but it is incredibly expensive. You can buy 2 or 3 other brands for one of those.

this is over 2 years old and i have sent Sean a pm and called and left a message at his work place to drop in and close it, got no reply from any of it if anyone in the buffalo NY area goes to the wood craft store drop him a message and see if we can get him to drop in and close it or get permission to do so..thanks

don baer just mentioned a solution to this,,, all polls need to have a expiration date. that would solve this and any others in the future

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.