Today, The Eastman Theater .... Tomorrow, Who Knows... Carnegie Hall?

scott spencer

Raising a burgeoning singer is all fairly new to my wife and I, so a few weeks ago I posted asking for some tips. Today.... sort of as a followup, but mostly I'm just blatantly gloating about our budding star soloing at the Eastman Theater. It's not quite like singing for Queen Elizabeth at Carnegie Hall, but nonetheless, it's an honor for a young vocalist with her limited experience, and I couldn't be prouder. Tess was selected as a soloist for the Greater Monroe County NYSSMA senior high mixed choir concert. I'll be front and center at this beautiful concert hall grinning from ear to ear. :)

The Eastman Theater is the "house that George built"...it's home to the Eastman School of Music and the Rochester Philharmonic, and is unquestionably the nicest venue in this neck of the woods.

2000_KodakHallwithPiano10-09_zpsiddqoh5y.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to all for the support! The entire concert was fantastic. All four groups were really amazing....senior high symphonic orchestra, concert band, women's choir, and mixed choir. Likely over 500 students performed. Tess did a great job with her solo too. We were thrilled to be those proud parents. The Eastman Theater is an amazing place to experience something like this...we also managed to sit in the new Eastman Kodak Company's box seats on the mezz.

Tess is the first of four soloists in this song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_ozyc-f6j8

Last edited: