Name that tune

Need a little help...finally got my guitar build to a playable state, but that doesn't mean my mind is working right lol
I'm a wannabe player, and I'm just beginning on trying my hand at finger-picking so please bear with the quality or lack of ;) in the following sound clip.....I've picked up on something that sounds familiar, but I can't recall the tune...Any help would be very much appreciated as I'm trying to find the song itself and possibly some tab to go with it....I'm sure that once one of you clue me in, I'll be good and embarrassed that the title/band slipped my mind, but until then, as usual, my mind is blank :D...T.I.A.

Audio clip

knowing jason, he probably recorded the notes and put it threw some algorithm like abby does from ncis and knew what matched:) he is one sharp dude,, and funny to:)

knowing jason, he probably recorded the notes and put it threw some algorithm like abby does from ncis and knew what matched:) he is one sharp dude,, and funny to:)

LOL!

If i did, it was in the computer in my brain :p :p

Could you tell my wife about those virtues? I think she forgets them sometimes :p

This is one I've taught to a lot of people over the years. In fact, I showed it to a student last week. (Doing a little teaching on the side these days.) It's a bit simplified, but it's a good exercise for working on picking single notes while holding down chords.

More Than a Feeling (Intro)

.....Dsus.........D.............Cadd9....G.................

1-||-----------3-----2--------|--------------------------||
2-||--------3-----------3-----|--------------------------||
3-||-----2-----------------2--|--------0-----------------||
4-||--0-----------0-----------|-----2-----------0-----0--||
5-||--------------------------|--3-----------2-----------||
6-||--------------------------|-----------3--------3-----||

dsus.JPG
d-chord.jpg
Cadd9chord.gif
Gchord.gif

Notice how the 3rd finger stays in the third fret on the second string for each of these four chords? Even though you don't necessarily pick that note on the Cadd9 and G chord, it serves as an anchor point for the other three fingers, making the chord change easier. :thumb:

...I missed the G & E with my pinky on the sixth string...

The 6th string is the fattest one. I think you mean the first string (which is the skinniest one, closest to the floor). And you play a G note on it with your pinky, but not an E. That said, the names of the notes aren't all that important for what you're trying to do. ;)

The 6th string is the fattest one. I think you mean the first string (which is the skinniest one, closest to the floor). And you play a G note on it with your pinky, but not an E. That said, the names of the notes aren't all that important for what you're trying to do. ;)

Uh, I was laying on the floor on my back when I wrote that :D:eek: and I'm glad someone knows what I'm trying to do, I sure have no clue :rofl:
Thanks for the tab & tips.

Wish you were closer, I'd unpack some boxes in trade for a lesson or two :thumb:

Hey Ken this is a great thread. It has all the makings of a subject of its own......you had me thinking back to a old TV game show in SA in Afrikaans language. ( I wont go on a side trip to explain the language side) The net is the show was called "Noot vir Noot" . Essentially a contestant had to work out the name of a song from the first few bars of the tune. Then the more notes they required the less score or money (cannot remember the reward) they got. The only sad thing about the show was the songs were mostly pretty culturally based so often we had no clue watching it.

Of course my son would tell me its redundant today given some app or other that he has where you hum or sing a tune to it and it finds the original for you. I think that takes half the fun out of it but then i prefer old school ways where one has to use some gray matter.
I guess the future of chess is watching two computers playing it and using some app to predict the outcome and then taking an online bet on it. LOL

Thanks for the memory test. Amazing to me how some of the tunes first few bars are so memorable.

I didn't remember that show lasting that long, as I thought it ended sometime in the 70's until they showed the car at the end. Local tv must not have had it, or it was on when I wasn't home.