Drill Press Cabinet - Finished

OK, all done. I built this to hold some specific items. Now I just have to decide what to put in the empty drawers.

DP-Cab (29).jpg . DP-Cab (30).jpg
DP-Cab (31).jpg . DP-Cab (32).jpg

Last edited:
so what waas the plywood you used glenn? cherry ply? it looks really nice and not the normal birch.

It was some Made in USA birch shop ply that was on sale. There were two sheets with that reddish color and I grabbed them both. I used one to make the drum sander stand and this is the leftovers. I should probably mention that I have less than $100 in this thing. However, I happened to have the casters that I will someday add. As often as this thing will get moved I may just pick up some HF cheap-o casters for the job.

Last edited:
Turned out great Glenn, would have mistaken that for cherry as well. Makes me realize how inadequate the drawers I have on mine are. I simply threw together a few drawers and now that I've used it for a while, almost nothing gets put in the 10" tall one at the bottom. :p I'm assuming you took the time to decide drawer heights based on what things were going in them?

Turned out great Glenn, would have mistaken that for cherry as well. Makes me realize how inadequate the drawers I have on mine are. I simply threw together a few drawers and now that I've used it for a while, almost nothing gets put in the 10" tall one at the bottom. :p I'm assuming you took the time to decide drawer heights based on what things were going in them?

I too learned that lesson Darren. Deep drawers and deep cabinet or shelves seem like a good idea but, I find that for drawers the space is wasted or a mess and for cabinets and shelves, anything deeper than about 18" may as well be in the twilight zone :D. For drawers, cabinets or cleat-mounted fixtures I have learned (by watching others) to lay out what you are planning to store and design the storage around that. Of course we don't always know everything we are going to store but, I have found the solution to that . . . add extra ;-)

Last edited:
This has been a great thread. We had a specific problem to solve, a computer designed solution, great pictures and techniques of the process along the way, and a fantastic looking result. Thanks, Glenn!:thumb::thumb: