Howdy from North Central Texas!

Dave Hoskins

I’m Dave Hoskins and have been a turner for a good solid 7 years. I market mainly online and the occasional fair in the local North Central Texas area. I harvest my own wood for turning so I do have a log yard. When I harvest a tree, I bring the whole thing back to my place after it’s been cut up to fit on the car hauler trailer. I turn red oak, live oak, American elm, pecan, mesquite, bodark (osage orange), cottonwood, hackberry, sweet gum, mountain cedar and red cedar. Probably others but that’s all I can think of right now. I lean more towards rustic styled turnings but make sure they are still quite useful. I do have resellers internationally if you want to know. I am not politically correct, as I was a Marine for 26 years. I also am not a wood whisperer because I don’t whisper and wood does not whisper to me. I might yell at it if it comes apart on me or something else unplanned. And, I danged sure am not a naked turner. Nobody wants to see me naked anymore, of that I am sure. I’m getting fat, old, and ugly. Thanks for letting me be here.

Howdy Dave!

Sounds like you have lots of interesting stuff going on! As an intermittent weekend turner I find a lot of what you fellows who do more production turning have figured out to be both reall interesting and also quite helpful so am sure looking forward to hear more about what you have going on.

Thanks again, fellers! Bob, I really hope we ain't twins. I don't think the world could stand two of me. Ryan, nothing wrong with being a weekend turner. You do it when you can. I don't turn everyday, but certainly a lot. It's mid March and I am already working on pieces for a fair in December. Plus building up some online inventory as well. It's never ending and nothing is more fun to me. I am figgering out the photo stuff now. Thanks everybody!