Thread: Lee Valley Veritas sale

Lee Valley Veritas sale

I suspect most of you got the same e mail I did, but on Mar 26-28 any order of a Veritas tool (and accessory, I guess) over $100 will get you a gift card in the amount of 15% of the total (Veritas) purchase from Lee Valley. I love LV, but the closest I've ever seen a "sale" was the free shipping offers and the black Friday stuff. This may come in second to BF. Not sure I need anything, but I'll be perusing the catalog to make sure. linky

Well Fred this is easy for them to do given they manufacture the Veritas stuff in Ottawa and so its being manufactured under a Canadian Dollar cost structure where your $1 buys you $1.30 worth of Canadian goods. For the US the good times are back as far as Canada is concerned. If an item is made in Canada and local raw material its time for bargain shopping.

Say a plane few months back cost $100 from LV when our dollars were on par. Today that same plane should only cost you around $77 US dollars. This is how they doing the sale.

Makes a whole load of sense for LV makes them far more competitive in the US up against a US manufactured product like LN.
    cheers

Felder also just dropped the prices on a bunch of their stuff for similar reasons.

I can remember going up to visit family in Canada, giving $20 us for the tab and getting $20 Canadian in change. We're not quite that far apart yet this time.

Just so I am not the only one who failed to escape Rob's tenacious grip . . . a bump for this promotion. I just placed my order and got the notice that my gift card will be added to the order.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

It's a very good deal, considering how hard it is to spend less than $100 on Veritas stuff. Saws maybe, or chisels, but who buys just one chisel? Any pair will put you 'way over $100.
    Cheers,
    Roger

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln

It looks like it applies to in-store purchases too. Might have to add that to tomorrow's trip.

I've been wanting the Veritas euro shelf pin jig for an upcoming cabinet build I'm planning. Now's the time...then today I got a lead on a used one. So I have until midnight.