Lee Valley Veritas sale

fred hargis

I suspect most of you got the same e mail I did, but on Mar 26-28 any order of a Veritas tool (and accessory, I guess) over $100 will get you a gift card in the amount of 15% of the total (Veritas) purchase from Lee Valley. I love LV, but the closest I've ever seen a "sale" was the free shipping offers and the black Friday stuff. This may come in second to BF. Not sure I need anything, but I'll be perusing the catalog to make sure. linky

Well Fred this is easy for them to do given they manufacture the Veritas stuff in Ottawa and so its being manufactured under a Canadian Dollar cost structure where your $1 buys you $1.30 worth of Canadian goods. For the US the good times are back as far as Canada is concerned. If an item is made in Canada and local raw material its time for bargain shopping.

Say a plane few months back cost $100 from LV when our dollars were on par. Today that same plane should only cost you around $77 US dollars. This is how they doing the sale.

Makes a whole load of sense for LV makes them far more competitive in the US up against a US manufactured product like LN.

Felder also just dropped the prices on a bunch of their stuff for similar reasons.

I can remember going up to visit family in Canada, giving $20 us for the tab and getting $20 Canadian in change. We're not quite that far apart yet this time.

Just so I am not the only one who failed to escape Rob's tenacious grip . . . a bump for this promotion. I just placed my order and got the notice that my gift card will be added to the order.

I've been wanting the Veritas euro shelf pin jig for an upcoming cabinet build I'm planning. Now's the time...then today I got a lead on a used one. So I have until midnight.