Where were these "chicks" when i was growing up......lol

Rob Keeble

Ok first no intention to denigrate or insult the female species so ladies please forgive me in advance the term chicks was widely used by all males when we were of dating age. :rofl: So its a hangover and reference to those days.

So Lee Valley puts out there newsletter and in it this lady appears I have posted her site before but today when i saw the newsletter i thought .....

Oh boy where were these chicks when i grew up. It took me many years and many dollars to find my Linda and she is probably the closest i could find in my turf.

But then I had second thoughts about it because who would get first turn in the workshop and who would cook the dinner. :rofl:

http://www.craftsy.com/blog/2015/01/how-to-clean-tools/

But on a more serious note its fantastic in my view that woman can get to do these things today and are doing them. Often like in my opinion our Carol, they show us guys up and even expose our shortcomings and serve as inspiration.

I think back and think how cool it would have been to have a girlfriend back in the day that truly could share your interests not merely to be company but participate equally.

When my sons were toddlers and i frequented the toy store it was kinda sad to see how divided toys were in terms of traditional roles and the girls were stuck with dolls, tea sets etc.

I am glad to see Lee Valley giving this lady some exposure via their newsletter it may help inspire just a few more ladies to take the plunge and put on the old workshop apron as opposed to the kitchen cook or knitting etc apron. :thumb:

What say yea old geysers?:D

My first wife was an avid woodworker and carpenter. She wasn't great at it, but she had a strong affinity for it.

First offense; female is a gender not a species.
Second offense; calling women "chicks" . . . wait, I also do this :rolleyes:.
My Hispanic friends are also "Mexicans" and my African American friends are "Black" and my Asian friends are . . . well . . "Asian".
I'm the token "gringo", "white-guy" or "round-eye" depending who I'm hanging with so "chicks" should be no big deal based on our age and our background. Your first two offenses are cleared :D

Last edited:
Ok first no intention to denigrate or insult the female species so ladies please forgive me in advance the term chicks was widely used by all males when we were of dating age. :rofl: So its a hangover and reference to those days.:D

DJon't worry about it. My daughters, who are both adult and fully liberated, often refer to other women as "chicks." I've tried to correct them and get them to use "broads" instead, but they just ignore me.

Last edited: