Thread: she made a liar outa me, but it's a gloat

she made a liar outa me, but it's a gloat

Recently, I posted that good tool deals never seem to turn up in my town despite it being a retirment community with lots of old woodworkers dying off every year. Well, today I wuz made a liar. Wife pointed out an ad in the local classifieds for a Dupli-Carver. I've been looking for a small Terrco Dupli-Carver since my big F200 with gun stock extensions is just too unweidly to do small items on and is not convertible by one person. I was expecting to find the T110 as it was priced at $275.00 and currently retails for about $600.00 with the extras. Well, folks, it was another F200, except without the long gun stock extension. That's about a $1400.00 retail item. I got it for $200.00 and now it's in the garage as my shop is chock full, no more tool space in there.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Steve Clardy Guest
    Chock full.

Might be time to ad on to the ol' shop

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy View Post
    Chock full.

Might be time to ad on to the ol' shop
    The house is a hillside affair and the shop is a one car garage underneath. Ozark rock on two sides, house stuff on the other.
    But, if you saw the 'garage', a 30'X40' pole barn you would wonder what the (explitive deleted) I'm doing with my shop in the tiny space under the house. It is "chock full" of cartons of 'stuff' my wife refuses to throw away. Head high in some places. Today we actually discovered two chests full of antique glassware we didn't even know we had. I'd love to have a real shop in the big building. Not gonna happen for a while.

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Frank, sounds like you need to get your wife to open an antique shop in the "garage" and you move your shop to the other building. Then she can sell enough stuff to make the money for you to buy some other new toyls.

Nancy
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Laird View Post
    Frank, sounds like you need to get your wife to open an antique shop in the "garage" and you move your shop to the other building. Then she can sell enough stuff to make the money for you to buy some other new toyls.

Nancy
    I wish it worked that way. What might be earned selling the stuff we discover in the heap in the garage, she would just spend on buying bells. You see, she is a tintinnabulist. That means, bell collector. I lost count at how many she has. It was about 600 when I stopped keeping track. My tool money comes from my own cookie jar that gets replinished when I sell stuff from the shop.

you lucky dog frank! nice score.
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]