Friday, Friday, Friday!

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like it's going to be Sunny warm weekend here. Have a little yard work to do, but would like to get the garage and shop cleaned up a little. I hope to also finish tuning up the cnc and perhaps get a project cut out with it this weekend. Other than that, we're watching the grandson, so will be a pretty un-eventful weekend for us.

What's everyone else got going?

Yard work this morning, then take down part of the rail and balusters around our patio. We're getting rid of our spa - going to a young couple who can enjoy it.

Saturday should be some shop time - still learning how to use my CNC!

Sunday - nuttin' but laziness!!!

We have company this weekend... my step son is in for his monthly rest period... he's a long haul trucker and gets home about once a month for a couple of days... we'll do lunch and just visit. He may take a busman's holiday and go for a drive up on the Cherohala or up to the falls to photograph the kayakers going over the little falls.

More shuffling and unpacking of junk. Making headway, but still a long way away from having room in the garage to start bringing the stationary tools out of storage.

Also need to get this piece of fresh elm cut into pieces I can actually move. It was about all my 1000 pound lift gate could do to get it in the truck. My BIL and I tried to roll it to the side of the house yesterday and made it about 3 feet. We then strapped it on a refrigerator dolly, but try as we might, we couldn't even tilt the thing back to roll it. Gonna head out to the driveway with the chainsaw here in a bit.

IMG_5088 800.jpg

Yard work this morning, then take down part of the rail and balusters around our patio. We're getting rid of our spa - going to a young couple who can enjoy it.

Watch out Bill. I'm 90 and I still use the spa a couple times a day. Five minutes in the spa in the morning gets rid of all of that crappy morning stiffness. Then a nice cold shower gets rid of all of the cobwebs and I am ready to start the day. Then, if nothing else, the spa gets me all relaxed at night for a better sleep (No, I do not take a cold shower at this time).

Enjoy and don't be surprised if your future includes a new spa,
JimB

taking the wife out to dinner tonight. saturday spending some time in the shop. Sunday my buddy grosvenor Virginia has a birthday I'm going down to the farm to say hi and happy birthday maybe do a little work on the turkey blind so I can have a place to sit that's a little comfortable for my leg. Then back to Maryland to my sister in laws surprise 50th birthday party so its going to be a long weekend. I'm working on getting off of the meds which is going pretty good.

Not Friday again, surely! I started going through my toolshed today, and also got the saw out and did half of a very simple project. I made the top half of a cover for the font in our church, as our priest wants to use it as a table for some weird Anglo-Catholic Easter stuff. Tomorrow I'll cut out a disc that will secure the cover on the top of the font. Beyond that, my son wants to rewire our utility trailer tomorrow, and take some stuff to the dump. I cut down a nuisance tree today, so the trailer is pretty much full.

I hate Spring Cleanup! I have to tell myself to do a little each day, and the yard will soon look great. It is finally warm enough here to start watering lawn a bit. I've been dragging a hose and sprinkler around all day soaking trees. But still too early to fire up the sprinkler system - could get another freeze. It is so dry much of the winter, and especially with powdery snow, you do not get much moisture., so watering trees is really needed almost monthly.

At least I got a break from drywall prep in our remodeled study. We had it retextured and being a perfectionist, I am touching up in places, especially at corners where walls meet, and I see gaps. A little more sanding, and then prime and paint. Then the woodshop gets used again -- I am building a wall of base cabinets, with the center to showcase my 1980s-era stereo system, with turntable, along with a set of old Klipsch speakers. Should be fun!

Last edited:
R & R and digging out.
Day 13 of cold and flu for both my wife and I and still dealing with over a metre of snow that fell here since last Sunday. My old Farmall has had a workout.
Lots of paperwork, but maybe some time in the shop to break the routine.

Work at the little job today. Start the fun hospital April 20 so 3 weeks off to get so much stuff done!! Had some pepper mills done for the cooking store and they sold at work, so make at least 4 with salt boxes. Getting tomatoes in the ground and....laundry

I am in prep mode for my operation Monday.
Got the will updated, got the Jeep fixed.
Got my walker, raised toilet seat and a gadget that looks like a small cooler with motor and pair of tubes that run to a wrap that goes around area of operation in my case the knee and provides cold therapy to reduce swelling. Provides hours of cold witha half 6 pack cooler of ice.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I am in prep mode for my operation Monday.
Got the will updated, got the Jeep fixed.
Got my walker, raised toilet seat and a gadget that looks like a small cooler with motor and pair of tubes that run to a wrap that goes around area of operation in my case the knee and provides cold therapy to reduce swelling. Provides hours of cold witha half 6 pack cooler of ice.

Ay Yi Yi Yi Yi! Good Luck Rob!