I had a major loss tonight

There was an electrical fire in my shop this afternoon. A lot of damage. It will take a week or more to get back to a working shop. Good thing I have great ins.*I am exsulted, Jarrod was a real wonder tonight he did so much after all the fire personal left. Getting thing that needed to be saved sorted out of the mess. I've never had a major loss and i at a loss for words at how i feel. But this to shall pass.*

Its something all shops fear. The fire Marshall said to me right off we were very glad to hear you had fire proof cabinets.

No one was in the shop. I had left at 4 after the last customer came in to pick up there work. The cash register went also.
2 customer losses, a 20 k painting being restored and a oriental box. I've already to to the owner of the painting. He was very nice about it. That was my biggest worry.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, Dave. Thank goodness Jarrod was there to pitch in. I hope you get things sorted out with the insurance and get back in operation ASAP.

I'll just echo the other guys...horrible thing to have to deal with, but glad to hear no one was hurt and you were prepared.

thank you guys. I did want to let you all know just because your family and would want the best for me or any other who would have ever have to endure A disaster like this. it goes warms my heart to know that others have the sympathetic feeling towards what I'm going through and that is heart warming. thank you again.

Last edited:
Events like that put us to test, and we realize how fragile is the little world that we build around us. Glad that nobody was hurt and that you had insurance. Now heads up, shoulders back and back to work, don't let that stone in the path stop you, it's only a stone.

Tony , Jarrod told my wife he dose not know how I could hold up so well during all that was unfolding before us. She just said, years of experience and knowing that we can only look forward. But I was a wreck inside. If nothing else, he under went a lot of growing tonight.
Thanks Tony

Those things that are most important are still in tact. And a son grows more into a man. Out of every disaster our resolve grows stronger, our faith is restored, and our strength is witness. Peace, my friend. As you said earlier, ,this too shall pass.

Ditto what everyone else has said, Dave. While we all think about the possibilities of this type of thing happening, I'm sorry to hear you had to experience it. Hang in there. All will be well in the long run.

Those things that are most important are still in tact. And a son grows more into a man. Out of every disaster our resolve grows stronger, our faith is restored, and our strength is witness. Peace, my friend. As you said earlier, ,this too shall pass.

No one could say it better, Carol.

I wish I was closer, to help in some way.
Take care Dave.

I have lived thru a shop fire (my work, not home shop) and they are devastating. Good you have good insurance, they are your best friend at this point. Hope you get back up and running soon, things will get better!